four

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ ITS YOU, ITS YOU, ITS ALL FOR YOU
lana del ray

ADI BLUE sat on the couch beside all three Hughes brothers, her feet crossed and kicked up on the coffee table as she listened to Luke and Jack bicker.

"Boys, boys." Ellen stepped in, shaking her head at her sons. "Enough. Luke, you sure you're ready for next week?"

"Yes, mom." Luke shifted awkwardly, huffing a breath out.

Adi furrowed her brows with confusion. "What's next week?"

Ellen's face twisted, seeming just as confused as the blonde girl. "Luke, did you not tell Adi?"

"Tell me what?" Adi sat up, straightening her back as she stared at Luke with intent.

Luke darted his tongue out to lick his lips. "I, uh, I'm eligible for the draft. So, I'm obviously gonna do it."

"The draft?" Adi flickering her eyes between the Hughes's. "Like, military draft? Or, like, hockey draft?"

"Definitely not the military draft." Jack threw his head back laughing, his head snapping up as Luke slapped him in the chest.

Quinn smiled, chuckling. "Lukey is gonna be an NHL player."

"Oh." Adi swallowed, her tone more harsh than she'd intended. "I didn't know. Why wouldn't you tell me?"

Luke shrugged, scratching the back of his neck. "I don't know. I honestly didn't think you'd be, like, crazy happy about it."

"What?" Adi asked, growing annoyed. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I didn't mean it like that." Luke rubbed his eyes. "I know how excited you are about going to college together, I didn't wanna ruin it."

Adi hummed with a small nod. "So, you were just gonna kept it from me until...like, next week? Just because I'm excited for college doesn't mean I'm selfish."

"I never said you were selfish." Luke shot back. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, okay?"

Adi didn't reply, she crossed her arms with a small scoff, staring towards the TV. Quinn tapped Jack, the two leaving quickly.

Luke scooted closer to her as he rubbed the tops of his knees nervously. "Adi..."

"Do you really think that I wouldn't be happy for you?" Adi cut him off, flickering her light eyes between his.

"I do." Luke pinched the bridge of his nose. "I know you will be. I just...I don't want you to get worked up over it. I want the next view years to be the best for you."

Adi reached his hands in his lap, his eyes darting down. "I know, Lukey. I don't want you to think you have to hide stuff from me. This is really big, okay?"

"I'm sorry." Luke nodded shyly.

"It's okay." Adi reassured with a smile.

Her face fell slightly as his hand slipped from her hold, reaching up to tuck her light hair behind her ears, his touch lingering.

He glanced down at her lips, then back to her eyes.

"Lukey." Her voice shook. "I should, um, go help your mom with dinner."

"Yeah." Luke retracted his hand back, clearing his throat with rejection written over his features.

Adi stood, holding a hand against her forehead as she internally cursed herself out. She couldn't do it, he was her best friend for years. Everyone knows that dating your best friend ultimately leads into a ruined friendship. Right?

helena - hels

blue bug
i need help.
now.
like seriously.

hels
call me a genie
in a mofo bottle
what slut

blue bug
i had like a weird moment
with luke today
like weird

hels
some context would be nice 😍

blue bug
did u know he was getting drafted?

hels
um yes
wait
did you not know?

blue bug
wtf
no he didn't tell me
ellen kinda spilled the beans on him

hels
i'm shocked that he didn't
i'm kinda honored
blue bug disliked a message

blue bug
he says it's bc "he didn't
think i'd be happy for him"
then plays it off like he didn't mean it like
that

hels
he's scared to lose u
what if he gets drafted
somewhere in canada?
bffr ur never gonna see him

blue bug
u suck at being a genie
ur not granting any wishes

hels
if i snap both legs and both arms
then he won't be able to play
fair?

blue bug
🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

hels
so...
what was the weird moment?

blue bug
he like tucked my hair behind my ear
and then stared at my lips
like he look like he wanted to kiss me

hels
yea i just screamed
AND? THATS NOT WEIRD
HE WANTS U.

blue bug
no.
he can't he shouldn't

hels
this is literally fate.
u can't beat fate ads
u even said when we were kids
u & luke were gonna get married
HE GAVE U A RING

blue bug
it was a ring POP.
and we were kids

hels
so ur telling me u only see him as a friend?

blue bug
no...
but i just can't
everyone knows u shouldn't date ur bff
it's bad luck

hels
ADI BLUE!
UR BLUE BALLING LUKE HUGHES.

blue bug
AM NOT

hels
yea im #teamluke

blue bug
yea im #urblocked

me when i've had snow on the beach by tswift stuck
in my head all day