✰a new beginning✰

I step out of my plane and look around. I just turned 25 a few months ago, and I've already moved across the country.

      I feel so out of place here. Just looking around the airport gave me nothing but discomfort. I came from Syracuse, New York. Some people, would sell their soul just to live in places like new York, so I guess I'm 'lucky' to have lived there. Now don't get me wrong, new york is a fancy place, but, there are run-down cities that people may call 'the ghetto', and that's what syracuse was. 

I begin to try to plan how I'm going to get to my new apartment, and where it even is. I smooth out my outfit, which was nowhere as presentable as the people around me, I took a deep breath, and began scrolling through my phone. 

'now.. where is this apartment?..'  I quietly say to myself.

"ding!" I glance at the notification on my phone. a message?

Unknown- 

'Hi! is this Y/N? This number was marked in the lease files.'                                                                  

Y/N

'Yes it is, who is this?' 

Daniel-

'I'm Daniel, the owner of ***** apartments. do you need help navigating here? I can call an Uber for you.'

Y/N-

'yes please! I'm at ***** airlines, I was wondering about my apartment number?'

Daniel-

'It's apt. 201, the driver will be there in 15 minutes to pick you up. Have a good day y/n.'  

✧˚ · .

I put my phone back in my pocket, grabbed my luggage, and headed towards the front. 

      I could see the sky peaking through the windows and the sight was amazing, beautiful even. there was a bright, but calming sunset paired with buildings taller than I could imagine. I got my phone out and took a picture, then since I didn't have any friends here yet, I sent the photo to my sister. 

     almost immediately, she left a heart on my message. we weren't super close, mostly because she was 12 years younger than me, but It was nice having a sibling. someone to confide in when your parents couldn't give you that satisfaction. parents, more like parent. 

     When I was 12, Emma was born. my dad apparently didn't like having more than one kid, so almost like he never cared about us at all, he left. At first, I hated her for our dad leaving, but it wasn't her  fault. It was all his, and his alone. He was selfish, and I've hated him for it for over 13 years since he left.

the thought of him made my stomach drop. I sighed, then stepped out.

✧˚ · .

"Hello, are you Y/N?" the driver asked. She had long pretty blonde hair, and blue eyes.

"Yes it is! thank you for picking me up." I smiled at her then got in the Uber. 

      It smelled really good in the car, not like how you would think an Uber would smell. The aroma was strawberries with a hint of vanilla, my favorite. I smiled as the smell made me think of home. my room always smelled like strawberries.

"oh my gosh, I'm sorry to ask, but what's this smell? I love it!" I reluctantly asked. I know it seemed random but, I love this smell.

"I got chu girl, dont worry! It's strawberry pound cake!" She seemed to be outgoing, I love when people are social and talk back to you, instead of just glaring at you.

"Thank you so much, what's your name by the way?" I was glad she was so kind.

"Jillian Webber!" She replied happily. she seemed like a sweet person.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Y/N smith!" she already knew my first name but I wanted a proper introduction. We continued to make small talk and then I saw the top of a building saying ****** apartments.

we exchanged our byes and I left. I felt less lonely than when I first got here. we didn't exchange numbers or anything, but that was fine, I could probably find her on insta. 

✧˚ · .

(738 words)I know this is a super short chapter, but there will be more! I know Jillian isn't an uber driver, I just put it for the plot because I think they would be good friends, we'll see how they meet again later... maybe jake, maybe not hehe. :)

remember if u have any ideas tell me in the comments! If you like it so far please vote so others can enjoy it too! :)) ✧˚ · .