♡Chapter Twelve♡

and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Ephesians‬ ‭4:32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

✨️✨️✨️

Jade and Idris sit down gracelessly in the library Eden had led them up to once he managed to form the words telling them to follow him. The trio stare at anything but each other, even Eden appears as if this is his first time in the room judging by how intensely he observes the bookcase he's leaning on. Unwiped tears remain streaked on Jade's cheeks, no more tears fall, but she can't find the strength to dry her face. She'd hoped and prayed to find Eden alive, but she never would've imagined that she'd be led straight to his doorstep. There's so much that she wants to say and ask, yet her mouth remains clamped shut.

Finally, Idris clears his voice loudly and rises from his seat on the couch near the library window which lends a view to the gorgeous waterfall a short distance away. Jade feels her heart panic as Idris turns to look at her from where she rests on a small staircase holding a book uninterestedly. His stern green eyes and quick head flick over to Eden telling her to get herself together, however, all Jade can manage in response is a pitiful head shake that she's not ready. Despite this silent conversation, Idris turns to Eden who'd been leaning his arm against one of the bookcases with a withdrawn gaze in his honey eyes.

"As lively and engaging as this conversation has been, I'll allow you two space to talk. Come and find me once you're ready to discuss the plan." Idris informs the two in a comfortable voice as he makes his way over to Eden and places a gentle hand on his shoulder. Eden seems to jump a bit at the contact and hesitantly looks up to meet Idris's eyes. Despite not actively bringing Eden up throughout the mission thus far, Jade can sense the relief Idris feels seeing him alive.

"I'm glad that you're safe, Eden." Jade hears Idris tell Eden before he makes his way towards the door and exits without another glance back. Upon his departure, Jade feels the silence of the room rise to a stifling level. Her head begins to feel overwhelmed with all the thoughts racing throughout, however, she stops her racing mind with the assistance of a deep breath and a quick prayer. Once she'd finished, Jade opened her eyes to find Eden still looking away from her, his fingers now tracing along the spines of the books.

Jade finds the strength now to wipe her face, and even offer a smile as she observes Eden's appearance. He'd grown slightly larger in muscle since she'd last seen him, and the once short hair now rests slightly past his ears and curls slightly at the ends. The former slit he'd gotten on his right eyebrow had grown out making them full once more yet doesn't at all affect negatively the natural charm his beauty offers. Looking at him now while he's inattentive of her stares, or at least not actively acknowledging them, Jade recalls the young man whom she'd inadvertently fallen for. However, her heart no longer wavers in knowing what it wants.

"You know it's impolite to stare, right?" Eden finally acknowledges in a light tone that further eases a bit of Jade's anxiety about the upcoming conversation to be had.

"So, I've been told. Regrettably, I don't have a canvas and some pencils with me to capture the pose you've been modelling the past half hour. It's remarkable how little you've moved; I almost mistook you for a statue." Jade jokes carefully as Eden smirks at her jesting before glancing in her direction with a disapproving snarl, engaging further with the teasing air that naturally jumped out of them.

"Well thank goodness for your lack of resources! I've seen your artwork before, and it wouldn't do me any compliments. The outcome would be so horrendous I'd more than likely be overcome by violent flashbacks of the abomination every time I step foot in this room." Eden answers in a dramatically egotistical tone as Jade rises to her feet insulted and places a defensive hand on her hips while slowly moving towards Eden's location.