take 1: let me in, pt1

mariam's perspective, session 1.

i took one last deep breath before stepping out to welcome my new client. i opened the door and peeked my head around the corner.
"alissa?" i asked. i shared my suite, so i never really knew which clients were mine. a woman wearing a cobalt blue sweatsuit stood up and started walking towards my door. she was darkskin with her locs piled in a bun atop her head. her line up was clean. tattoos littered her hands and neck. she was only a bit taller than me. she pushed past me and sat down on my couch.

"well alright..." i muttered to myself. i closed the door and sat down in front of her.
"it's nice to meet you, im mariam." i said. alissa scoffed and turned her head to the side. i quickly skimmed through her file.
"you have to participate, that's the only way the court will count these sessions. i won't force you to talk but the longer you take, the more sessions we have to do." i said. she turned her head to look at me as she sighed.
"tell me why you're here, alissa."
"you have my file don't you?" alissa scoffed.
"yes i do but i want to hear it from you."
"i killed two people. i pled insanity and here i am."
"why did you do it?" i asked as i doodled in my notebook.

"because they deserved it." she said plainly.
"right." i said. she pulled out her phone and turned it sideways. noise came from the speakers.
"excuse me can you please put your phone away?"
"you ain't saying nothing."
"well let me ask you, is there anything you want to talk a-"
"no." she said turning up the volume. i rolled my eyes.
"can we play a game?" i asked. alissa looked up from her phone and paused the video.
"what is this? saw?" she asked making up her face. i  let out a small laugh.
"no, just a simple game. you can pick one off my shelf." i said lightly gesturing to my left. alissa rolled her eyes and looked at the shelf.
"candy land." she said. i went to go get the game and i set it up on the low table in front of us. she slid on to the floor, her long legs bunched up underneath her.

"honestly i have no idea how to play." i confessed. alissa made up her face.
"okay well it's not hard. the youngest player goes first." she said while shuffling the cards.
"how old are you?" i asked her. yet again she rolled her eyes.
"i'm thirty two and you know that." alissa said placing the cards down.
"you didn't ask me how old i am."
"because i don't care." alissa said.
"is there dice for me to roll?"
"no. you have to pick a color character."
"okay blue."
"no."
"why not."
"obviously because i have blue."
"okay then yellow."
"so now if you pick a card that got one colored square you just move to the closest one. but if it got two squares then you move two spots.

if you pick up a card with a picture on it then you gotta go there." alissa explained. i picked up a card and moved accordingly. we played the game in absolute silence until she won.
"has it been an hour?" she asked. i shook my head no.
"only about forty five minutes. congrats on your win!" i said. i wrote some things down in my notebook as she cleaned up the game unprompted.
"you're competitive, you know that?" i asked her. she glanced up at me.
"how could you even know that?" she asked.
"you hastily but very carefully explained the rules to me. you wanted a fair win and you answered my stupid questions. as we played you were completely silent. you were so focused on the strategy for a children's game of chance. your cheeks rose a little bit when you won and when i congratulated you. you enjoy the attention and praise that winning will get you." i said skimming from my notes.

alissa's eyebrows furrowed. she put the same back and sat on the couch again. 
"i'm well aware these dumbass sessions are court mandated. i know i have to participate and show some growth. but i do not need an annoying twenty something year old trying to read me like a book. nothing you said was profound or new to me. you will have to try ten times as hard as you usually do in order to make a dent in me. i am a murderer, not an idiot." alissa said before she checked her watch then stood up. she adjusted her clothes then looked down at me.
"the hour is done." alissa said before walking out the door.

♡✧˚ ༘ ⋆。♡˚ ♡✧˚ ༘ ⋆。♡˚ ♡✧˚ ༘ ⋆。♡˚

welcome to the second edition:)

i feel a lil silly being a lil anon, do ya wanna know anything about me?