(Episode-1) The Mayor's Murder

This is the year 2035, Humanity has been involved in a Type-1 Civilisation, which is capable of harnessing the energy of our home, the Earth. As astonishing as this may sound, well, it is not.

The population has seen a decrease of 20% after the year 2030. In other words "Humanity is simply dying." The work of humans has now been replaced by robots, and almost all fields have been taken by Artificial intelligence. Leaving humans with almost nothing to do. This resulted in an astonishing increase in crimes.

It was a cold evening in Ravielle, a city in Y/N country. The wind had a taste of rain in it. It seemed that the weather had changed overnight. Grey Granite clouds filled the sky. Creating a gloomy atmosphere.

All the pedestrians ran down the street in a hurry. For they knew, an impending storm was coming.

James sat in his cosy room while enjoying his cup of hot coffee and watching some television.

"Last Night, the mayor of Y/N City died under mysterious circumstances, many people believed it was an assassination, and the latter believed it to be related to some sort of paranormal activity. The sudden death of the mayor has created distress among the people. Who knew a brilliant and staunch mayor like him be assassinated?"

"Not again, this is like the fifth case we are having this week"

James took a sip from his hot coffee and turned off the Television.

There is a knock at the door.

"Who's there?"

"Why did you invite me to this time?" A familiar voice responded.

"Oh, It's Jacob." He continued, "Didn't expect you would come at this time, Well that is a surprise."

"Wait, Who is with you-"

TA-DA!

"Courtlyn?"

Of course, it was Courtlyn, Who was known for her Cheerful and Positive Personality. Although sometimes she can be a little clumsy.

"You like to tag along with Jacob, don't you?"

"Yes, but, we have something more important to discuss." Her tone became serious.

"Have you read today's Meta paper? If you have, then you must know about the Mayor's death." Asked Jacob.

A Meta Paper is just like a newspaper but you can see the news in 3D and personalize your feed according to your interests. It is a convenient tool as it saves a lot of time.

"Yes, I have, but on Television." Answered James.

"How did the mishap occur?" Enquired Courtlyn.

"No idea, They are keeping it very confidential, I believe it to be an assassination." Said James.

"I and Jacob think the same too." Said Courtlyn with a frown on her face.

They sat pondering and discussing the tragedy the whole evening but nothing came to their minds.

"Maybe, It was a planned murder."

"Who would do such a thing?" Questioned Courtlyn.

"Those ministers of darkness would never tell you the truth." Said Jacob.

"I think, We should go ask the people who were present when the incident took place and try to get some information from them." Advised James.

"Sounds good, I think we should meet at my place tomorrow around 10 a.m." Said Jacob.

"Sure." Said both of them.

The next day, James and Courtlyn arrived at Jacob's place. After sharing their greetings, Jacob showed them a newspaper he found at a shop.