36 - matter of life and death

matter of life and death  

Riley and Chris left the apartment before Robin could wake up. When Chris explained their plan to her, asking for help with gathering her friend group (aka the people his friends have been flirting with for the last months) in the cafe so they could surprise them, she agreed immediately.

Alaska was rather surprised to see her best friend awake at this hour. However, that wasn't what was bothering her the most. When Riley called her, making it sound like it was a matter of life and death, and that she needed to meet her as soon as possible, she wasn't thinking about why she was awake at all. That didn't matter to her at the moment, all she could think about was what could have happened to her.

Mya received the same call from her right after, with the same story about how she needed to see her and Alaska immediately because she needed to talk about something. Just like Laska, she started asking questions immediately, asking if she was okay and what happened, but Riley just brushed her off, saying she will explain everything in person.

And just like that, the operation first meeting started.

While Riley called Robin next, waking her up, Chris got on the phone with his band members, letting them know that he was with Riley and they were already gathering everyone. "I am with Izzy right now too," Hyunjin informed them, glancing at her. "She says she can call Hana, Amy and Astran so tell Riley she only needs to call Jisoo and Bora now. It'll be faster that way." Chris nodded, looking at Riley who was still on the call with Robin. Unlike the two girls before, she was way harder to hang up on as she kept asking new questions.

"Any guesses on how many of them will finally get together now that they are going to see each other?" Izzy smiled, already calling Astran while finishing her breakfast. "It better be all of them. Except for Felix and Alaska," Hyunjin frowned, making Izzy roll her eyes. "Why can't you just accept the fact they like each other? We all see it, you must see it too."

"It's not that I can't accept it. I know better than anyone what they feel towards each other, but it's just weird. She is my sister, and he is my best friend. I've known both of them basically my whole life. That's as if two of your childhood best friends got together," he explained, sighing. Izzy got where he was coming from, but she still had a different opinion on the situation. She knew she would be much happier if her best friend got together with someone she trusted and knew rather than someone random.

"Actually, have I ever told you about my childhood best friends? Sam and Riki. They have been dating for the past three years, and I couldn't be more happy for them even though we don't talk that much since I moved away from Japan," she smiled, remembering the happy moments from her childhood.

Izzyyy 

[ 9:28 ] 

Riles 
Girlll get here asapp 

Izzyyy 
I am on my wayyy 

We are almost there 
don't worry 

Riles 
I hope you are because 
I don't know what to tell 
them anymore 

They keep wondering 
what I wanted to talk 
about 

But I can't just say I 
called them so they could 
meet freaking stray kids 

Izzyyy 
I promise we'll be there 
in like two minutes 

Are the boys already there?? 

Riles 
They are waiting in a taxi 

But Chris texted me the 
driver is about to kick them 
out 

So start running 

Or we'll just start without 
you 

Izzyyy 
Wait for meeee 

I am sprinting 

Almost 

The brunette put her phone away again, explaining the situation to the male next to her, speeding up her walk so they would get there as soon as possible. "I need to see Amy simp for Minho in person, so come on, we have to walk faster," she proclaimed, grabbing her boyfriend's hand so he wouldn't stay behind. Thankfully, he had his hood and mask, because neither one of them was thinking about other people around them at the moment.

"Walk in whenever you're ready, I am gonna greet them first," the brunette waved at her boyfriend when they finally got in front of the café. Hyunjin nodded to her, walking towards the taxi on the side while Izzy walked inside.

"So, it's happening," he mumbled when he opened the door, facing Seungmin who was the closest to him. "Yeah," the younger male nodded, glancing at the front of the café. "We're meeting them, huh."

"Don't be scared," Changbin patted his back, making him step out of the car. Felix - the last one in the car as the others were in a different one - stepped out right after them. "It will be fine, and I am sure you'll figure everything regarding Hana out," he assured him, placing his hand on Seungmin's shoulder.

"Just don't think about anything and let's have fun now," Jisung walked to them from the other car, joining their conversation. Chris, Jeongin and Minho joined them right after, giving each other a small nod before walking towards the entrance, Hyunjin and Felix in the front.

"So, why are we here?" Robin asked again, taking a sip of her coffee. "I said I'll explain everything when Izzy gets here, I don't want to repeat myself," Riley shut her down. Robin narrowed her eyes at her, sensing something wasn't adding up.

"She called us here, why is she not here yet?" Amy wondered, looking out through the windows, trying to find her with her eyes. "How come you want to tell us something but Izzy is the one who called me anyway?" Astran questioned, only adding more troubles to Riley. She knew she couldn't figure out anything that would make sense out of nowhere to answer Astran. He would probably see through any lie she would tell anyway.

"I am here!" The brunette waved at her group right after she walked through the front door, saving Riley from having to explain anything. "Sorry for the delay, but me and Riley have a surprise for you," she grinned, sitting down between Hana and Jisoo. "And I am sure you are going to love it."