2: Crime And Punishment

Once upon a time. Megha and Pagli were sitting under the Big Banyan Tree. While talking, Megha asked "Pagli, I heard that you kicked a kid..... Is it true?"

"Yeah, I did. So what. You tell me if someone ties a rope on your tail and pulls it while you are asleep. Would you not kick her Megu?"

"Well, I don't think that you did the right thing because the kid you kicked is Rohan, son of Motichur Phatke, the sweet seller. Therefore Pagli because of you we are having fucking sweets crisis. There is no one else in the village who can provide us with free sweets except Motichur's cow Lalli."

"Yes, I know dude. Everything is under control. Lalli is my good friend. She can never deny me sweets. You are overthinking."

Megha enlarged her right eye, making a confused face, she said " I'm overthinking? And why are you not even thinking at all? I think you don't know that Rohan is like a younger brother to Lalli. They play together every day and if she finds out that you kicked Rohan. She will definitely stop supplying the sweets from her owner's shop."

"You really think that Lalli will break our friendship for that human kid? The one who does not even look like us. BULLSHIT!!!" Pagli pushed her body to get up. "Let's go then and ask her head-on."

Megha also stood up and followed Pagli on the way.

As they were walking on the dirt road, a man saw Megha and brought a Chapati from his house fed Megha and said "Thanks Gau Mata because of you, my son finally passed the school exam" and left.

Pagli jerked her head "These racist humans! What do they think of themselves? Why doesn't he feed me, because I am black? Am I not a cow?"

Megha ignored her and asked, "By the way Pagu, what if Mr Motichur Phatke sir saw us?"

"Don't worry. I have dodged him many times. To avoid him, I meet Lalli at the back of his house where she supplies me the sweets. So we will meet her there."

The talking made the journey look short, as they did not even realize they reached the house. Megha was seeing the house for the first time. It was a big hut in the middle of a square land which was surrounded by wood fences. There were small flower pots along the fences. They walked carefully to the back of the house where they saw Lalli. She was sharpening her big horns on the wall of the house. Pagli hit her one-horn on the fence. Hearing the sound, Lalli turned her head and looked at Pagli with her sharp eyes. Her face turned red with anger.

Looking straight into Pagli's eyes, she shouted
"You MoThErFuCkInG bitch you still got the courage to come up to me. You want sweets huh? Take this!" Lalli turned her body, bent her neck, took one step backwards aiming her horns, she ran with all the potential she had. The dust filled the air at every step she took. At the very last moment, Pagli became aware of the danger. Seeing those big sharp horns coming with a falcon speed, Pagli chose to defend herself. She held her ground, calculated the speed of the attack and at the very moment she forwarded her horns. Their horns collided with each other and a sudden spark occurred between their horns. The impact of the collision thrashed Megha away. The dust was flying in the air. Megha struggled and stabilized herself. When the dust settled on the ground everything became visible, Pagli and Lalli were not there. Megha searched and found them, still locked horns, far on her back. Pagli did a good defence but the impact of the attack dragged her so far that her both hind legs were hurt.
Two parallel lines were formed on the ground.

Megha ran, pushed Pagli and stood between them. "Lalli, please don't fight. As Pagli's friend, I apologize for what she did to your owner's child. I will make sure it won't happen again."

Pagli intervened "Megha don't come between us. Let me handle this traitor. For that human child, this biTcH fighting her sisters, her race. Let me teach her a lesson."

Lalli took a step forward "Teach yourself a lesson of love, a lesson of loyalty. I think you need it more. Rohan is like my younger brother and I won't spare nobody who hurt him."

Listening to this, Pagli got mad and In her madness, she pushed Megha with her one leg and kicked Lalli's neck with the other. In retaliation, Lalli swung her horns but Pagli dodged it and forwarded her horns, locking them into Lalli's. Shifting all her energy into her horns, she pushed Lalli to one side. Lalli's big body dropped and the dust rose from the ground.

"We don't want your sweets. Keep it for yourself. We are done forever" Saying this Pagli turned and walked out. Megha helped Lalli get up and ran to Pagli.

As they were walking home, Megha had questions in her mind but asking Pagli anything at that moment would be like hitting an axe on your foot. Pagli's body language indicated her anger but Megha was unable to resist asking, she said "Why did you hurt her?"

"Why should I not hurt her, Megha? She is a traitor to our community. Can't you see? Well, I am thinking of going to the Cow Council. We must file a complaint against her. We are the eyewitnesses of her crime, Megha."

"Crime! What crime?"

"Oh! My dear Megha. Did not she attack me? She tried to physically hurt me. It's a crime under the CPC-Cow Penal Code and I will not get punished as I just defended myself. Don't you know that?"

"And what if she files a complaint against you for kicking that human kid?"

Pagli laughed "First thing, I have a lot of connections in our system, Megha and the second is that there is no punishment in CPC for hurting any human. It's a legal thing, bro."

"but why is that?"

"If those humans can hurt us, use us for their benefit, imprison us and then abandon us. Can't we just kick them? Huh!"

Once again the talking made the journey look short as they did not even realise they reached home. As Megha stepped onto the veranda, she saw Motichur Phatke talking to Rajpal.

"Pagli, see! He came here......Mr. Phatke, Lalli's owner and he is talking to our owner."

Pagli peaked in. Mr Phatke was looking angry. He was moving his hands furiously while shouting.

Megha asked, "What is he saying?"

Pagli raised her ears. "My Hindi is weak but I'm sure he is here to complain that I kicked his son. Tell me Megha what should I do? Save me. I'm sure he will stop giving me food for at least a month. Oh no!!........... I don't want to starve Megha."

Before Megha could think of a solution, Rajpal saw them both. Bringing a stick from the room, he rushed towards them. Pagli tried to run but Rajpal stretched his hands and struck with his stick on Pagli's ass. Crying Pagli then got leashed and tied by the Big Banyan Tree and as Pagli expected, Rajpal only gave food to Megha.

Seeing her crying and starving, Megha shared her food with Pagli and said "No matter what you do, you can never overpower them. They are humans, the supreme, Who are standing at the top of the food chain. Don't mess with them and keep a low profile. And that is how you should live your cow life."