02

"Good morning class! I know you're all excited for your first day of school, but please try to settle down,"

As you stood in front of the whiteboard, Alhaitham grimaced. You were going to be his teacher?! If he knew that he wouldn't have been so complacent about coming to school.

"I'm Mr. (Y/n), and I'll be your home room teacher for the year,"

Your nephew let out a silent sigh of relief knowing he wouldn't have to be with you the whole day. Besides, what subject would you even teach?! Maybe he'd know if you'd ever been around long enough to talk about yourself.

You took attendance and explained the basic structure of their school day to them. First they'd have you to take attendance and catch them up on any school events, then they'd have different teachers come in to teach them their different subjects.

The school bell rung, and you quietly left the room, another teacher entering soon after.

After another half hour, Alhaitham was practically falling asleep from boredom. It wasn't that the subject wasn't interesting, it was just that he'd already learned everything his grade level offered to teach about it.

The only reason he actually didn't fall asleep was because he didn't want to get in trouble and have his grandma worry about him.

He also wasn't a fan of the people in his class either. Everyone was so loud and disruptive, he was surprised they made it out of preschool!

He managed to survive until lunch, finding a solitary spot underneath a tree to eat the lunch his grandmother prepared for him.

" Make sure to eat it all to grow up big and strong!

- Love, Grandma "

He smiled to himself as he read the note, and proceeded to frown as he noticed another note.

" If you need somewhere to eat, my office is open! Good luck on your first day!

- Uncle (y/n) "

As if he'd eat with you!

Slightly annoyed, he hurriedly finished his lunch, wanting to put his full focus on the book he'd brought from home.

Eventually the lunch person had ended, and he reluctantly returned to class.

After a few more boring hours, a bell signifying the boy's freedom from his boredom rang, and he made his way to the front of the school to prepare to head home.

The only problem was that he had no idea where to go.

He probably should've paid more attention to the path he took when with his grandmother when they both arrived there in the morning, but he'd gotten too distracted by his own annoyance.

Rather than standing somewhere like a loser, Alhaitham decided to walk through the school halls, eventually finding you packing up your suitcase.

Noticing the boy peeking at you from the door, you waved him over,
"Haitham? School ended ten minutes ago, what're you still doing here?"