IX

Two equally stressed-out grandfathers were concerned about something.

They did not realize they were too old to be making a scene or causing trouble like some young men in their prime and proper.

"My back hurts," Ronan grumbled after jumping off the Dragon's back. Of course, Eruhaben scoffed and transformed into his stunning dragon form.

These two grandpas have no idea they are too hot to look at right now.

"Ronan!" Little Cale rushes up to Ronan and offers him the cute black egg. "The cracks are huge now."

"This is bad," Eruhaben declared. The egg had sustained such severe damage that even pure mana could not repair it.

"Any more, and he will hatch at the wrong time," Ronan said. He covered the egg with his mana, allowing it to replace the cracked parts for the time being.

"Tara, Phaeton," Ronan called out, "me and Goldie Boy will be looking for some soil; make sure the chick returned home safely with the egg."

"Yes, Grandpa. Please leave it to us."

"Looking for what?"

"Living Earth? You do not know that? Aiyoo. For a century-old dragon, you sure did not learn it all! When I was your age, I could still flip a few countries and rob them of their history." He mocks the dragon, whose face cannot be painted right now.

"Oh really? For a senile old fishy dude, you sure did all crimes back then. I am a law-abiding citizen, mind you!" The dragon retorts and continues, "At least I do not live a very delusional life of slacker life. I have not turned into a caveman who can not even walk properly."

That left Ronan at a loss for words. This goldie sure knows how to leave him speechless!

They set out and discovered the living earth thanks to the giant golden sea turtle island, who carried it on his back. Amazing. Ronan had no idea who he was, but the old Turtle addressed him as Father.

Ronan could not stop getting chills when the old sea turtle called him that!

They went back to the county. They have been patching the egg with mana and even swam across the sea to find a suitable patch of soil to aid it. Of course, the cute redhead is patching them all up because the grandpas exerted so much strength that cracks continued to appear on them, making it look as if they were cooking the egg.

They went to Eruhaben's lair and had the egg stay there until it hatched. There's no safer place than having a dragon take good care of it.

With the series of events, Ronan knew that the dragons had no king. The last was Sherrit, the white dragon, or, as Ronan knew her, the dragon of new beginnings. She must have ended up with that eccentric, naughty dragon.

[Note: I'm adding myths here, okay? Canon-Divergence]

Anyway, since they are both out of commission, Ronan decided it would be best if the egg remained with Eruhaben. Eruhaben kept his lair close and returned with them because he could not leave Ronan, causing problems.

For an old man, this fish must have forgotten his age and is acting like a brat.

Of course, discussions about Ronan did not end there. As the Henituse Country officially welcomed him following the events with the Marquessate, the house's standing was not in good view. The beasts could not care less about it, but because of the cute little redhead, rumors about the Henituse's involvement with them ended with them housing the Emperor of the Sea.

It's finally time to idle around and play!

The old man with black hair and the redhead were seen having a casual date. Anyone would assume they were just family members catching up, but they are dating right now. Eruhaben curses the old fish because he is about to commit a crime, but everything is fine as long as the old fish does not do anything questionable.