Chapter 1

"Who's ready for a sleepover!?" Elysia did jazz hands as she came out of her bedroom from changing. It was more of a exclamation rather than a question.

Elysia donned a light pink T-shirt with a cute mushroom and pink loose pants.

"Stop making that noisy racket. You're not a child anymore," Mobius said, snipping away Elysia's excitement.

"I'm sure you'll be living your best life here, Mobius. What about you, Eden?" Elysia asked her best friend.

"Any activity you plan is surely going to be fun," Eden replied. Others girls chimed in, agreeing. Mobius just shook her head.

"Y/N? How come I don't hear any cheering from you?" Eden asked, looking down at you. "We haven't seen each other ever since Kevin's birthday party."

Me? If I were to join a sleepover, I would've come on my own! You were forced to join because of a cheery pink elf.

"Great," You lied, turning back to your phone. "I'm excited to tell ghost stories."

Too many people were trying to schedule dumb appointments with you. Flight appointments, booking appointments, hair appointments. Seriously?

What is so hard to understand about that you're a doctor? Girl, do I look like your personal hair stylist? Ask your Ma to do your hair. Reject.

"Actually, we aren't telling ghost stories," Elysia said.

"We're not?! Aww. I just came up with a really good story," Pardofelis slumped down on the rug. Can meowed loudly, angrily scratching the rug.

"What are we doing tonight?" The waning moon reflecting upon your blue eyed friend. "I have to sleep at nine thirty, otherwise I won't be prepared for the next mission. You might have to exclude me."

"Nine thirty? Fu Hua, stop restricting yourself! This is a sleepover, you can't just call it quits because of your bedtime," Elysia held Fu Hua's shoulders.

"Cut to the chase. What exactly are we doing?" Mobius asked.

Elysia smiled and ran to the kitchen. Then she came out with a bag in her arms...

"Samyang 2x Spicy Buldak!"

"WHAT?!?!"

"Those spicy ramen on the internet?" Your eyes got huge. Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen challenges exploded all over YouTube, popping millions of views. The amount of ice cream and milk that was needed... geez.

"Is that our dinner? Can isn't allowed to eat spicy food," Pardofelis said.

"Of course not, silly. We're doing a spicy ramen challenge! It's... apparently the hottest ramen in the world."

"Mm, I think I can handle it. I'm down for this. Rules?" Mobius lifts up her mint colored pajama sleeves.

Elysia ticked off her fingers. "No icecream, water, milk, or other drinks unless you choose to give up. And everyone starts at the same pace."

"What do you get if you win? Money?" You asked.

"Great question! Money isn't everything," Elysia shook her head at you. "If you win by going through without cold food and drinks, congratulations! You win."

"That's pretty lame. You gain nothing," Mobius commented.

"No, you do gain something. Building character," Fu Hua said.

"If there's no reward, then there's no punishment if you lose," You said. Maybe this challenge could be easy, if you kept eating small mouthfuls.

"Actually, the loser is one who finishes last, so she to has to call her crush!"

...

Hell broke loose right after Elysia said that.

"You're kidding! That'll be super awkward!"

"Uhm, I'd like to sleep instead..."

"What if I don't have his number?

"Hold on! You can still have icecream... if you want to give up," Elysia winked. "And you could talk to him in person if you don't have his number."

His fuchsia eyes possess your mind. You can't lose this. How can you call him for this type of matter? He works with you together in the Fire Moths Hospital. Both of you take each other very seriously.

For you to goof around him as if you were his friend would be more rarer than an extinct animal.

"C'mon, Y/N! Help me cook," Elysia dragged you to the kitchen.

"Why? Can't you get Eden to help you instead?"

"Nuh-uh, you are going to be cooking these noodles," she boiled the water and waited. "So, I wanna ask... who's your crush?"

"You'd think I'd tell you, huh," You sarcastically said while ripping the hot sauce packets, pouring them into each white bowl.

"Is it Kevin?" Elysia urged. It was almost like she tried pulling something from you.

"I don't know."

"Kalpas?"

"I don't know."

"Su?"

"Stop asking me," You grumbled, avoiding her gaze.

"So it's Su?" Elysia speculated, eyes smiling.

"I don't know." How is she catching on so fast?! "But you'll never know who he is."

Elysia taps her chin, lightly. "Well, I can't think of anyone else. But Y/N, if you truly love him, you should commit. If you don't, your claim of 'real love' isn't real at all."

"...Elysia, did you come up with that on the fly?"

"Nope. Just a quote from a Sheikh," she smiled and turned around, realizing something was off. "The pot is boiling! Quick, get the noodles!"

The Sheikh is right. If you truly love someone, you make commitment. But when was the last time you and Su called?

Could it be that...

...you don't truly love Su?