11.

Elena did not know she was dreaming at first. She did not even know she'd fallen asleep. Dull colors flashed in and out of recognition.

It was like it was happening right in front of her eyes. The woman giggled. She had light blonde hair, and green eyes. Her and Klaus were entangled underneath a thin sheet. Both were nude, and the outline of their bodies were visible through the fabric. Klaus kissed her gently, slowly. Then he rested his head on her chest and sighed. She ran a hand through his long hair.

The scene shifted.

The woman was fully clothed now, and wandering through the trees. "Klaus?" She called out, uncertainly. A low growl sounded. She whipped around. Out of the dark padded a large white and grey wolf. She immediately turned and ran. But the wolf outmatched her speed, and pounced on her back. Elena was frozen in place helplessly and it was all she could do to turn away.

The scene shifted again.

A weeping Niklaus clutched her lifeless, bloody body to his. Her face bled and her so did her chest, which had long, gaping gashes. Niklaus's own clothes were soaked with blood, and in shreds. He must've fought off the wolf. But not in time.

Elena.

Her eyes cracked open, and squinted. She was lying on a hard surface, a cold one. Standing above her was the Ventrue himself. Mikael Mikaelson. And he didn't look happy. His eyes had a deep shade of purple underneath them. "Let her up." A voice said. It belonged to the village healer, Josette. The human village. "Josette? What are you doing here?" Elena asked her. Mikael helped her stand. "Your father sent me to supervise your health, seeing as how their methods are not for humans."

She shifted on her feet, uncomfortably. Josette? In the Vampyr castle? What was her father thinking? Josette's hands lifted to her bulging stomach. "What was my father thinking? The journey must've been harrowing for you!" Josette exhaled. "Not nearly. They have mid-wives here, you know. And Alaric understands."

Elena shook her head, and looked around at her surroundings. She was in a room with no windows, and was almost completely bare, save for the rusted chains hooked into the walls. And multiple scratches across the walls. "Where are we?"

Mikael's eyes narrowed. "It's not of importance. What I would like to know is how exactly you found this room? And more importantly, how did you get in? This room has been sealed for the better part of a decade."

Elena paled. "I...I don't know. The last thing I remember is being in Rebekah's room. I...I must've sleep-walked." Mikael didn't look convinced. "Mm. I don't believe we've properly met. I'm Mikael. But I suppose you already knew that." Elena nodded silently. His gaze was withering. Her eyes rested on the ground. His footsteps receded as he walked away. She looked up in surprise.

Josette let out a breath. "How do you live here? That guy was terrifying!" Elena laughed at Jo's perplexed face. "I don't typically see him around since he's-". Her mouth clamped shut on its own accord. What on earth? "Since he's what?" Elena tried again, but her lips were like steel bars, and wouldn't budge. "Forget that. When's the last time you bathed?" Elena frowned, and looked down at herself.

She was grimy, she realized. Probably from lying on a dusty floor, she realized. And her hair was frizzy. She must look like mess! "Longer than I should. How did you find me?" Josette and her were walking down the hall now, to Rebekah's room. Curtains were drawn all around. Of course. They stopped at her door. "Rebekah saw you get out of bed. She tried to wake you, but you didn't budge. Said she splashed water on you, and even clapped her hands in your ear. Quite strange really."

"You already must've been in a deep sleep. And the fact that you sleep-walked whilst it? Unheard of." Elena contemplated this. "Where are you going to be staying?" Josette rolled her eyes. "In a guest room. But it's terribly cold in there." Elena nodded. "True. I'll have Thomas bring you some blankets." Josette arched an eyebrow. "Who's Thomas?"

"Klaus's servant boy. He said I could call on him if necessary." She avoided the part where he was a human. "Klaus? Is that what you're calling him?" Elena frowned. No, she wasn't. Why had she said Klaus? "Goodbye, Josette." She went in and shut the door behind her. Rebekah's curtains were drawn, but small rays of sunlight peaked out from underneath them. Rebekah herself was sound asleep underneath her covers.

Elena watched her for a moment, and wondered how such a sweet girl like Rebekah or an innocent boy like Henrik could possibly be monsters. She did not have an answer.