Chapter 28: Until next time

Summery~ You and Aether have breakfast, nearly getting caught by the shrine maiden. Then meet up with Kazuha and start practicing sword fighting again. With Kazuha having to return to Watastumi in two days, today is the last day of training together...

With all my muscles aching and old cuts burning I roll over trying to get comfortable. However, I end up rolling off the bed and bang my head on the floor. "Ow... What a way to wake up," I grumble. With my eyes open I see the bright light of day. I begin to panic. CRAP!! I OVERSLEPT!

Franticly I grab the medicine on my bed stand, down it, then try and navigate the hallways out of this hell hole. Mainly trying to avoid the one person, THAT STUPID SHRINE MAIDEN PUT A LOCK ON THE FOOD HALL!

I tug on the doors but to no avail. I check Aether's room, but he is already gone. Quickly I scribble a note and jump out his window. Somehow, I made it past the main shrine without running into trouble. I grab my sword and run for my life.

I take a different route to the beach, where, luckily for me, there was a fruit tree. I harvested it and brought a few spares for Kazuha.

Once again, he is waiting on the rocks meditating. He senses my approach and greats me. I offer some fruits and leave the rest for lunch – can't have a repeat of yesterday, I was in starvation mode.

This day went smoother, with more energy to burn thanks to the fruits, we were able to get through over 100 matches. I can now easily make my elemental energy flow, and in larger amounts too. Plus, I improved my sword fighting skills.

We sit side by side looking at the horizon.

"I can't tell you how grateful I am for your help," I grin while looking at the sword he gave me.

"I expect big things from you on the battlefield," he says almost tauntingly, "If you can improve this much in just two days, you'll be able to do anything."

That brought an idea to my head that I have avoided for some time now. Do I actually want to return home? All my family or a life full of adventure and fun with cool superpowers that you could only dream about. My old friends or my new friends... I quickly begin to fall down a rabbit hole, and I feel my gut sink, so I pull my mind away from these thoughts.

"Anyway," I begin, though I don't know how to continue it.

"It's probably best if I leave now, my ship will be leaving soon," Kazuha finishes.

"Don't want to miss the ship, I can't imagine how worried Kokomi would be," I say standing up.

"Until next time," I smile holding out my hand for a shake.

"Until next time," Kazuha finishes the gesture. We wave goodbye and with only an hour left before nightfall, I figure it best just to head back.

I flop back on my bed, because somehow, I made it back to my bed without being harassed. I bet she's guarding the food. I can't go to bed without dinner considering how hungry I am. When I reach the food hall the lock is gone. I slowly push open the door expecting a trap; however, I still don't see anyone. So, with caution I sneak in and grab some grub. I turn around to leave and there the shrine maiden stands.

"AHHH!!" I scream as I jump all the way to the back of the room. However, she doesn't say anything. She slowly approaches but stops 5 meters away. "I am sincerely sorry," she bows, "for the way that I treated you, a patient."

I was so shocked I dropped the bread that I was holding in my mouth. Not knowing how to reply I just stand there. She must have got told off or something... An evil smile creeps on my face with a vicious tongue ready to spit back something nasty, but I realise that it isn't worth it. Even though she was hella annoying, she probably did it from the kindness of her heart to look after me because I was 'a patient'. I don't find it in me to say anything back to her, so I leave the room and head back to my quarters.

Once there I pig out on the buffet I brought back. I guess the smell was so good that it attracted Paimon.

"Paimon was passing by and Paimon couldn't help but smell the yummy food."

I stare at her blankly. Ain't no way she taking my haul.

"Paimon?"

I hear Aether say as he comes searching in the room. He sees Paimon flying around like a blow fly trying to get her hands on my food. He just sighs before taking a seat at the table I was sitting at.

"How's everything going?" I ask Aether through mouth bites.

"Alright, just having to deal with a lot of people."

Aether's eyes wonder around the room while I finish my food. His eyes get stuck on something, and I realise what it is. I BROUGHT MY SWORD TO MY ROOM!

"Since when-" Aether starts but before he finishes, I already grabbed my sword and shoved it under my mattress.

"It's just a practice fighting sword," I try to laugh it off, but I already killed the mood.

"Aether!" someone calls from outside.

My heart slightly sinks as I know Aether has to leave now. But before he leaves the room he says, "how about we have dinner tomorrow night. With everything that's been happening it feels like I haven't seen you in months."

"Yeah, that'd be great," I smile relieved. We say goodbye and I am left by myself, in what feels like an empty room. I stare up at the ceiling contemplating what I should do tomorrow. But I get too tired and decide to leave it until tomorrow. 

Word Count: 1001

I'm sorry this chapter took so long to come out, I have been away for 3 weeks. That on top of homework and my laptop's screen glitching, I haven't had a lot of time to post. This year I'll try to get at least 1 chapter out a month on this story, though the amount of homework this year is going to be killer so... plus my other books... We'll see how I go :)) 

I know its not following the main genshin story line, but is the story still interesting?

Thankyou for reading:))