Show me Space (Pt.1)

@BallAnn2023 your request is in!

|\|/|

 It had been a few months since Everest and their siblings showed up, it had warmed up to a degree. But there were still more people asking for asylum. Wanting to help the cause but not having a place to do so from.

So they moved in.

At first it was a slow trickle, one more person about once a month. But then the word got out. And people started showing up faster than ever before.

You were glad to have the full house, and offer shelter, but you were running out of space to breathe. So you took it into your own hands, and started looking for your own place until things for Mutants and Yōkai got better, because you weren't about to kick them out. Some of these were children, most of them were teenagers, and some were adults. But everyone had nowhere else they thought safe to go.

So you were taking a page out of Tanya and Raph's book, and planning on moving out. Your job at the Nexus was going really well, and the already incredible pay was even better than before.

Sure you'd broken some of your bones, but hey, you had some mystic powers that did wonders for things like that. And the matches filled you with adrenaline, and gave you practice for missions.

Leo flopped down beside you, the chatter of the house was typically distorted in the living room, and many times you, and quite a few others found yourselves silently working there. You'd started writing your book too. Or well... series of books. So far there were three chapters in your and Leo's story. So three books fit well.

"You wanna help seek?" He whispers, you laugh slightly. Was he playing hide and seek with the kids?

You nod, closing your computer softly. Rolling your eyes, rushing around people to get to your room. It was a miracle someone hadn't been called with how tight the space was. But by some miracle, you'd just kept it below the amount of people considered a fire hazard.

You'd have to start buying places in other parts of the city too. So that you didn't reach capacity. You'd be damned if you refused shelter to anyone.

Mikey seemed to be handling the newcomers well, the place was always tidy and somehow he'd been balancing some painting classes he taught for free on the side, with a job at the floral shop, and protesting against the inequality shown to mutants and yōkai.

They're people too. It's high time that everyone started realizing that.

You rushed down the stairs, smiling at the silence of the house. And the simple clicking of keyboards in the living room. Some still had school despite the crisis revolving around the sudden appearance of mutants and yōkai.

"Leo!" You hiss, trying not to disturb those working in the room beside you.

He appears beside you, grinning.

"You thought I'd leave you to seek on your own? I'm offended by the very thought, amor."

You chuckle, and he grins. Shouting into the house.

"Ready or not! Here we come!"

You hear a few giggles from the kitchen, and carefully stalk into the room, grinning. Pretending not to see the kid, very obviously stuffed into the corner by the archway entrance from the living room.

"Now where could Eleanor be..."

A few more muffled giggles, and out of the corner of your eye, you can spot a few smiles from the living room.