First Impressions (What Matters Most)

To say you should have met Draxum sooner was an understatement.

To say you really really should have met Draxum as soon as the apocalypse ended was probably a better summary of the predicament you were in. Because you were now pacing the living room of your brownstone, concerned about how you would present yourself to him. Were you dressed nice enough? Did the house look okay?

You don't even have time to look up after the arms wrap themselves around you, and the firm press of a kiss meets the crown of your head. His hands slide around your shoulders to hold your anxiety still.

"No te preocupes, mi amor."

Leo had been trying to teach you some Spanish in your free time. What little the two of you had, anyway. He had succeeded to some degree.

"How am I not supposed to worry? He's practically your dad!"

"Hey, he lost the dad card when he threw me out a window."

You chuckle as Mikey pokes his head through the archway leading to the kitchen.

"Leo. You can't hold that against him!"

"Yeah I can! He tried to kill me!"

"He's changed!"

The stomping of boots can be heard from the door. You turn to see Tanya ushering Raph inside towards the warmth. He's shivering.

"I agree with Mikey here, Leo."

Tanya says, closing the door behind the two of them. You told them to stay at home.

"Tahn! I told you to stay home! It's too cold for me to go out! Let alone any of these four!"

Raph waves you off, still shivering.

"I'll b-b-be fine Y/n."

You glare at him and usher him into the kitchen where Mikey has already prepared cups of tea for the two stragglers.

"Michael!" You gasp, he just gives you a mischievous grin.

"Hey, they wanted to be here for emotional support!"

You roll your eyes and sigh. Hearing a knock on the door. You bristle but Leo walks over to the door, looking through the small peephole.

"Hey guys?"

You all turn your attention towards Leo. Who's brow bones are quirked in disbelief.

"There are people outside."

Your eyes widen and you turn to look between the shocked faces of everyone else. Before turning back to Leo. You rush over, opening the door, concern on your face.

"H-Hi."

The figures are shivering, you immediately usher them inside, pulling some blankets off the couch and wrapping the cloth around the two figures.

"Michael-?" You begin, but he's already heating up another kettle.

"On it."
Donnie, upon hearing all the commotion, has waltzed downstairs to investigate, only to stop upon seeing the figures.

"I'm Y/n." You say, crouching down in front of the two. Looking at their shivering and terrified figures. They couldn't be much older than fourteen and fifteen, one with a curled reptilian tail, the fifteen year old with skin that kept fading between the color of the couch, the floor, and the snow outside. The fourteen year old, with a small snout, a large tail, and olive green scales.

A chameleon and a lizard.

"Are you two hurt?"

"Our- the-" the one color changing starts, staring dead into your eyes, fear encapsulating everything they felt, but the aura about them was calm, presumably to help the girl beside them. They seemed to be siblings. They take a deep breath before a knock at the door sends everyone's heads flurrying towards the sound, you look at Leo and he nods, answering the door, taking in another mutant and sitting them down in one of your various mix-and-matched chairs. Mikey rushes to make some more tea, Raph and Tanya share a look before going to grab a few blankets.