18; give up

Warning

The first bit includes slangs, abusive and homophobic words and can/will be triggering. I don't intend to offend anyone but it was crucial for the story to progress. But feel free to skip the following part if you aren't comfortable.

━━

Comments

onxhulpion_0101 1 day ago

and they're the future of Indian cricket?

arhon.chad_777 23 hours ago

like if you're not gay --->

onewolf.490 20 hours ago

ewww is he gay??

kuxii_kk 12 hours ago

such a disgrace in the name of cricket

anuskaskrrrr_.bs 8 hours ago

THIS. IS. DISGUSTING.

ornav_15zzz 1 day ago

this lgtv whatever disease is effecting our cricketers as well

gupta_brand 5 hours ago

khelna toh aata nhi, party krni hai, larko ke sath muh marna hai ise

bansil_sa.khiya 10 hours ago

ise team se nikalo yaar

_shivam_90_ 14 hours ago

khelne ko nhi mila toh bando pe chadh rha hai

sushill_y0r0 2 hours ago

hizda

Ishan scrolled through the comments, each word etching itself into his mind. His expression, a blend of emotions that even he couldn't decipher- one that bore neither the weight of sadness nor the fire of anger.

These comments weren't new to him; he had stumbled upon worse before. Even the day prior, he had encountered such venomous words under some viral reels featuring him and Aditya and their intimate dance. Before today, Ishan would pay them no mind, shrugging off the hateful whispers.

Yet, this time, it felt different. The impact of these comments morphed after the intimate moment he had shared with his best friend and longtime crush, Shub.

Previously, his love for Shubman had remained one-sided, an unrequited affair defined by the label of best friends. But tonight, with Shubman seemingly reciprocating his feelings, everything had changed. What was their relationship to be labeled now?

Following their intimate moment, Ishan's perspective on those comments changed. Ignoring or brushing them off was no longer an option.

"And they're the future of Indian cricket?" That comment landed a blow deep within.

Ishan hesitated, the politics in cricket might bench him for a long time. Shubman, on the other hand, was deemed the future of cricket. The shift in their relationship from best friends to something more had the potential to affect both their careers significantly.

A mere video of Ishan dancing with Aditya had attracted a notable share of hatred. The thought of the public learning about him and Shubman being more than friends sent shivers down Ishan's spine.

Ishan had come across some reels and posts shipping him and Shubman and while the "ishman" shippers did exist, it wasn't nearly sufficient to replace the hatred amongst people's minds.