NINE

Augustus threw you over the bed of a confined room and you gasped, hyperventilating. "Let go! " you shouted while your heart beated erratically in your chest. So hard and fast, you felt it was going to burst out of your mediastinum.

But Augustus did not care. He looked at you with an expression — a mixture of indignation and glee. He was happy. He was so happy he had finally found you after years of searching but at the same time he was also angry. You. How dare you had the audacity to defy him and run away from him?

Why had you run away again ? Because he loved you and wanted to show it to you. Then why were you hesitating?

"No " he stated, firmly before walking towards you. You immediately recoiled, backed away and got off the bed until the only thing behind was the acrused wall.

"Why not? " your voice trembled.

Augustus simply scoffed, showing his pearly whites. His smile sent a chill down your spine. Despite asking, Augustus did not react.

You couldn't understand. Why? Why was he so obsessed with you? So hung over you? Was it because you had a good relationship with his son? Because you and him got along with him? Because you were his perfect family ?

There was a moment of silence where Augustus scrutinized your figure. His eyes for a moment turned soft before his lips parted and he spoke "Because I love you" Cerulean hairs covered his shining irises, while all you could do was shudder under his piercing gaze.

And then the entire situation hit you. Your thoughts returned to the night he had violated you — the trauma you had faced that night. The trauma that still gave you nightmares and panic attacks you suffered from. The way he pushed you against that wall, threw you on the bed while running his disgusting hands throughout your body. The way he choked you and hurted Ian.

Was that really love?

No.

It wasn't.

Love was when someone cared for you, when someone treated you gently. When they understood your feelings and circumstances and despite having their own problems put you before them. Love was when the other person was willing to let you go just to confirm your happiness. Where the thought of you being happy and safe was enough to let them live and face the entire world.

That was love.

Not this.

This was something much more darker and twisted. A noxious infantuation. A desire to possess and gain no matter what.

This was not love at all.

"Don't bullshit me" you spat, anger boiling from within your bones. You clenched your fist scowling at the male in the front who looked more astonished than hurt. "This isn't what it is. It isn't love. You don't even know me, who the real me is. Or was. Or What really happened. You know nothing. So how could you love me without knowing you I really am or are you just loving me for the unrealistically imaginative image you had made up in your head? The kind, loving Y/N who takes care of Prince Finnick with love and care, who doesn't give a fuck about rumors? Or do you find me attractive and mistake it for love? Is that what it is? "

You were afraid he was going to snap. You were he would pounce on you and then choke you like last time. Kill you even. But you did not care.

You were tired of running away.

You already had a lot of regrets, frustration, trauma, heartbreak and many other emotions bottled up inside your mind. You weren't going to let them stay there.

You were going to release it and end it for all. The suffering was too much. You had been scared for a long long time. You don't even remember the last time you had been brave to face a situation like this and honestly, after everything that had happened you were living like shit. Life wasn't the same anymore.

So yeah, if you had to bet your life over the right consequences, you were going to do it. Because you had been scared last time. You knew what the consequences ended up to be. You lost your smile, your inner peace. You lived your life like a pathetic mess after losing your perspective of the world. And most of all, you lost Ian. You can't even guess where he is right now. Here? Your world? Or the space between the world and time?

Heck, you didn't even know if he was alive.

"No. It isn't. I truly love you" Augustus answered.

You scoffed "Then is this your way of affection? Kidnapping, stalking, assaulting, forcing yourself on your loved one? Why? Just because I haven't returned back your feelings? Just because I love someone else? "

The moment you uttered those words, Augustus's eyes snapped back into yours, glinting much more darkly "Someone else? You love someone else? " he stepped closer

Now that made you shut your mouth. Fear engulfed you once again.

"Who is it? " he demanded darkly.

You swallowed your saliva thickly, staying true to yourself "Even if you kill me, I won't tell you a word." you seethed staring hard.

That made Augustus chuckle. He stepped forward,finally closing the distance and leaned closed to your face while you suffocated in his close proximity "It's Ian , isn't it? "

Your face paled. Your breath got stuck in your mouth with widened eyes. Augustus's face plastered a prideful smirk before he finally grunted in annoyance turning away . You exhaled a sign of relief , finally able to breathe "Of course it's him. That pain in the arse prince."

Wait, prince?

Ian was a prince?

Augustus noticed your perplexed expression. He chuckled darkly, " What? He didn't tell you that? And you say you love him? What a funny joke." he mocked. "You question my love yet your form looks much more twisted. Fine, you love him but does he love you? You claim you love him yet you know nothing about him too. Are you sure you weren't fooled by that _? Are you sure,you weren't just a part of his plan "

Your words were stuck in your throat while you were startled at his question.

"Ian Oberoi is the Prince of the Azrabah kingdom. Who is enemy with ours. He had been working under disguise in the castle and had been receiving help from the temple. Are you really sure you weren't his pawn ? That his words of affirmation and actions of affection were genuine? "

He chuckled darkly while you were lost in your pensive trance "You truly are an interesting one. But you should realise by now, we're one and the same Y/N. You can't deny that. We're fools. Lost and blind in love. And I'll prove it to you. I'll make sure to remove that cover of yours to make you see the truth"Augustus then walked away "Then you can decide who truly loves you or not" he slammed the door shut.