TWO

You silently cleaned the floor while wiping the beads of sweat emerging from your forehead.That emperor's child — he wouldn't be more than five kgs or more than a hands length yet he has a space of ten rooms combined? You couldn't understand the logic behind these people's mindset.

If suppose the kid wanted to go to the washroom urgently, oh how horrendous it would be to run all the way from his bed to the toilet. It was a silly assumption but it wasn't really stupid. It did make sense.

God, people of your year could literally play basketball with two separate games side by side.

"So are the preparations done? " a few maids entered whispering with the little prince in hand, who appeared to be sleeping. This was the first time you had a look at the baby prince and that was when you deduced he was the cutest kid you had ever seen in your life.

"Is that—"

"Shush!!! " both the maids hissed in unison and through the prominent bangs under their eyes, it was evident he hadn't let them sleep for the past couple of days.

You gave an apologetic nod while the maid placed him in the cradle before slumping on the chair as if their soul was leaving the body.

You chuckled at the scene before resuming. Ideally you shouldn't be so placid with the going home situation and the plot identification but for some reason you still were.

While you were indulged in work from the corner of your eyes you noticed the maids walking away somewhere. Perhaps a break? Taking care of a baby is surely a hectic thing.

Your eyes trailed back to the extravagant cradle of the prince.

But wasn't it just wrong to leave him unattended?

You then shrugged thinking it wasn't your job but a bitter feeling crept in when you realised they had basically left the Prince to your care.

Those shuckfaces. They surely did know how to use an opportunity well.

After a couple of minutes passed, when you were done with work you realised those maids, still hadn't returned. The prince might be sleeping peacefully but there was a chance he could be awake any minute.

And just when you thought of it, the prince began to wail.

You clenched your ears shut, flinching a little.

That guy might be tiny but he has the vocals of a public speaker.

Panicking a little and darting your eyes around to see if the maids would come, they didn't and eventually you took the task to silence him and put him back to sleep.

The emperor could have your head if he spots you doing nothing while his son would be yelling his lungs out.

You paced towards him and peeked into the ... Only to feel your worries melt. At that moment you realized, you loved babies.

The rosy chubby cheeks and the small fingers balled into a small fist — the blonde hair. Oof, he was handsome even in his younger years.

"Aww, I find it hard to believe people hate this little guy," you cooed, picking him up the cradle and trying to calm him down. The prince did fidget and threw a lot of tantrum in your arms but you were too mesmerized by his cuteness to be bothered.

You gently cradled him making funny faces and absurd noises. The prince then stopped and gawked at you as if you were the biggest fool to exist. Or maybe he was just confused. But still, your joker acts were working on him. Maybe the maids didn't entertain the prince enough.