Einar Ashford

River watched in horror ,as two black hounds ,each as big as a mountain goat pinned Wolfram on to the ground.

They panted, bloodred tongues lolling out of their lips and enormous razor-sharp teeth on full show. The monsters wore thick coats of gleaming black fur, and their eyes glittered murderously in soft golden light.

River felt his soul leaving his mortal body at the sight of them. They could shred him to fine pieces and gnaw on his bones. Now both hounds were swarming Wolfram , growling and barking ,the sound scarier than Lighting of Heavenly Retribution. They were seconds away from sinking their teeth in to his face ,tearing it off his skull.

You will be remembered and missed ..brother

"Buttercup! Stop that!!" Wolfram giggled loudly as the two hounds licked his face ,wagging their tails in glee "It tickles !Sugarplum! "

Were you dropped on your head as an infant? Or did you learnt those horrendous naming skills later in life?

"Dont give weird names to my gaurdians "

River  turned his head to see a man behind the deluxe ebony table ,obscured by a tall pile of parchments .

If West god transformed the most majestic snow wolf in Whiolf to a human, he would resemble this man.

His skin was as pale as marble,specially against the dark surface of the furniture. His neatly braided hair seemed to have gone snow white from stressing over his brother's shenanigans. The West king's eyes resembled Wolfram's pale gray ones, just few shades colder and expressionless.

This was Kaizer Schulz , King of West, Patriach of Devine Beasts.

River could see how accurate Wolfram's description is . The man, indeed looked like he suffered from facial paralyzis.

His back was as straight as a brush and the regal crown of West sat on his pale hair, gleaming in dark blue gems and white silver. His pale lips were tightly pressed together in a perpetual frown.

Sir  ,are you saving your smiles for after retirement?

Wolfram rose to his feet,still giggling .
"Hi to you too,Kai "

The hounds circled around Wolfram , wagging their tails,appearantly demanding to be petted. When they noticed River standing at the door they sniffed at him.River held his breath ,trying his best to make himself invincible .

The air crackled with tension as the hounds, playful just seconds ago, transformed into snarling beasts. River, frozen in place, felt the weight of their hostility pierce through him. The room echoed with the menacing cacophony  of growls and bared teeth.

River felt faint.

"Huh, thats weird " Wolfram knelt and petted their heads in attempt to calm them. "They are usually very sweet"

Please take Sugarplum and Buttercup away before I become their good boy treat.

"Sit"

At that single firm command from Kaizer, the hounds sat obediantly, like being pulled down by invincible strings. River let a shaky breath out that he was holding in anticipation  .

Kaizer Schulz regarded him , the gaze chilling River to his bones. "I dont believe we've been introduced "

River bowed as low as he possibly could go. This was a man not to be messed with "This lowly one is named River"

"He is my friend " Wolfram patted River with his fan.

Kaizer put away his quill aside "I welcome you to West " his voice held no welcome at all. "You will be escorted to your room. There are matters to be discussed in private "