Football Leg

Jackie's POV
I did what Katherine told me to do and it was nice having to sleep for about two hours. I just couldn't sleep since I was thinking about my boyfriend the whole time. It feels very weird without him being here. I went downstairs and I saw that everyone was up having breakfast. They all sat around the table and when I saw that I knew I just couldn't sit there so I grabbed my food and went upstairs and just started at photos Cole and I took on my phone. Then my phone rang and it was Erin.

I answered the phone. "Hey Erin!" I said. "Hey, how is New York?" Erin asked. "Well I'm not in New York...I'm back in Colorado." I told her. "Wait how come u came back?" She asked and was very confused. "Well Cole asked me to be his GF and I said yes because of that whole teapot thing I told u about two days after the wedding." I told her. "Oh yea that's right. Well I'm super happy for the both of u!" Erin said in a happy tone. "So wanna meet up today?" Erin asked me. "Not today...Cole is having surgery and he's supposed to be done by 5pm." I told her in an upset tone. "What for?" Erin asked. "Well one of the horses accidentally started to go when his bad leg was in the way and the horse kinda stomped on it which made it worse." I told her. "But he might actually come back to football because the docs said that this surgery might heal his leg fully." I continued. "WOW that's amazing! I'm happy to hear that! Have u heard from Danny?" Erin said as she was happy. "Well last time I spoke to him was yesterday when he was asking about Cole." I told her. "Wait do u like him?!" I asked Erin. "Uhhhhh I think I do but I'm just scared..." Erin said in a low tone. "Don't be, he is a nice guy and most definitely likes u back. U two should go out to dinner once he comes back." I told her happily. "Maybe...I gotta go my mom is calling me. Bye!" She said. "Bye!" I told her back and the phone call ended.

I looked at the time and it just turned 12pm. Ugh just 5 more hours I thought to myself. So I went back downstairs and still did some stuff for the business and it did get my mind off of things for just a brief moment.

The sun started to go down and by that time Katherine and I were getting ready to go to the hospital. Alex came in and said, "I think imma take Kylie on a horse ridding date sometime this week." Alex said as he was super happy. "Awww that's cute and I'm happy for u!" I said happily as I had to go because Katherine was already waiting for me in the car.

I jumped into the car and we got to the hospital right at 5pm. We went inside and they told us to wait for the doctor in the waiting room. The doctor came out 10min later which felt like a lifetime and told us that everything went well and that Cole would be good to go home tomorrow. "Can we see him?" I asked. "Ofc you can, come with me." The doc told us as we followed him to Cole's room.

The moment we got to Cole's room I saw him and ran towards him and hugged him as if there was no tomorrow. "I'm happy ur ok!" I said as I smiled and kissed his forehand and lips. He kissed back as well but I pulled away. "How u doing?" I asked him. "Well my leg doesn't hurt anymore." Cole said happily. "I'm glad to hear that baby!" I said excitedly.

Katherine came in since she was talking to the doctor. "Hey honey! How r u doing?" Katherine asked her son as she kissed his forehead. "I'm doing much better mom." Cole said with a smile on his face. "Well good news is that #19 is back!" Katherine said proudly as both Cole and I were excited. "Yay now I get to see what the Real Cole Effect was like when u were a star quarter back at our school." I said happily and excitedly. "Yes it's gonna be fun!" Cole said happily.

So we hanged around a little bit more but Katherine said that she had a surprise for me and told me to wait and not go outside of the hospital. So I waited inside of Cole's room and we were both wondering what the surprise would be and two minutes later Katherine came back with a carry on suitcase. "What's that for?" I asked her very confused. "Well ur staying here overnight with ur BF!" Katherine told me happily and I got super excited and ran up to her and thanked her. Katherine said her goodbyes and went back to the ranch for the night.

"Wow didn't think my mom would love me having girls in the same room." Cole said as we both laughed. "Well maybe it's because she either trusts me or ships us." I said as we both continued to laugh. "I missed u today..." I told Cole. "But I'm happy that u get football back!" I continued. "But I'm happy that I get to be with u!" Cole said as I leaned towards him and we made out. "I wish u could sleep in bed with me." Cole said in a sad tone. "Well I think I can...scoot over babe!" I said happily as he scooted over and I jumped into the bed with him and we were both squished since Cole's left foot had to be resting on the bed since that was the bad leg. We both made out once more before going to sleep.

Alex's POV
So tonight is the date night I have planned out for Kylie. She will be here any minute so I got everything prepared. We are going to have a dinner picnic at a very romantic area. I heard the door open so I ran towards the door so that I would be there to greet her. Turns out it was my mom coming back from the hospital.

"How is he, mom?" I asked her. "He's doing better and will be back home tomorrow so we might do a welcome home dinner." My mom told me and she noticed I was nervous. "Everything ok?" She asked me. "Yea it's just that imma ask Kylie tonight." I told her nervously. "Omg yay! I'm soooo happy for u!!" My mom said happily. "Well I better go so that I don't ruin it. Good luck and have fun!" My mom said as she was super happy for me.

A few minutes later Kylie came and I took her to the horses and we went horseback riding. We stopped at a very nice area and we both got down and admired the view. I just had to tell her at this moment.

"Ummm Kylie..." I said nervously. "Yes Alex?" She asked me. "I really like u." I said nervously. "So do I!" She said as we both smiled at each other. "So will u be my GF?" I asked her and she became super happy. "Yes Alex!" She said happily and we both kissed on the lips. I pulled back. "Let's go cause I have another surprise!" I told her as we kissed one more time before heading back to the ranch where the picnic was set to be.

We got to the dinner set out and Kylie loved it. She hugged me and thanked me for all of the surprises. "U don't have to thank me...I just wanted to do it!" I said as we were still hugging.

We had a very nice dinner but sad because she couldn't stay the night due to my parents rules. Right before Kylie left we kissed one more time. "Bye!" She said as she smiled at me. "Bye new GF!" I said as I smiled back at her as she left. But right as she left I just realized that I'll be gone for summer camp starting next week. I ran out the door and told her to stop.

"What's wrong?!" She asked as she got out of the car. "We can't date..." I said in a sad tone and she got upset as well. "Why what's going on?" She asked. "I just forgot that I'll be gone for 2 months for summer camp..." I told her in a sad tone. "Ohhhh well bye!" She said angrily as she got back into the car and left.

I went back in and tried calling her but it went to voicemail all of three times. I just went back into my room and cried because I just lost my best friend since kindergarten due to my stupidity because I forgot about my summer camp.

It's already morning so I decided to call her a few more times and I found out that she blocked me on everything. I just cried the whole time and my mom came in. "What's wrong honey?" She asked me very concerned and comforted me. "I forgot about summer camp and told Kylie right after confessing and telling her to be my GF that I can't be her GF since I'm leaving for two months next week." I told me mom as I was crying onto her shoulder. "Honey it's ok you will get her back..." My mom told me. "But I can't because she blocked me on everything." I told her crying. "This will get fixed once u come back because we all still have her number and Jackie is friends with her." My mom said which made me relived a little. "Cmon let's get ready for tonight since ur brother is coming back! And maybe I'll tell Jackie to invite Kylie and u two can go from there." She told me. "Thanks mom." I told her as we both hugged and started the setting up for the dinner.

I heard the door open and it was Kylie. "Ik u don't want to talk to me but I'm sorry." I told her. "It's totally ok, I just made it a big deal...and I feel like I'm not ready to be in a relationship yet due to me working everywhere and I feel like u aren't ready as well because of the whole horse thing." She told me in a sorrow tone. "Yes ur right...but let's maybe see where we are in a couple of months and go from there, let's still be friends." I told her happily as she smiled. "Yes and we were always friends even when I blocked u." She said as she chuckled.

Anyways I told my mom that I talked to Kylie and that she wouldn't need to get Jackie in with this. Everyone helped and the setup is done and mom made the food which will be delicious.

"Ok it's 5pm, I gotta go get them! I'll text u guys when we are heading back even though this isn't a surprise party but still I'll keep u guys updated." My mom said to everyone as she grabbed her purse and car keys and left.