1: Truce

For what seemed like the hundredth time that day, El and Emma were laughing hysterically over something that Indiana, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were the utmost level of confused about. The twins had entirely too many inside jokes that wouldn't be understood even if they were explained.

"And then- and then- you said excediarmus," El let out an extra loud laugh before freezing, "Oh my gosh. Em. I just realized... it's because you were thinking about Cedric!"

"Who's Cedric?" Ron said with his mouth full.

It was breakfast time which doubled as mail time and as always, Ron was eating triple what everyone else had.

"Just another Hufflepuff," Emma shrugged it off nonchalantly as she piled eggs onto her plate.

"Maybe to the rest of the students in this school but not to you," El commented with a smirk.

"El's right," Indiana agreed and the two sisters looked at them with a what-do-you-know look and they continued, "I'm just saying, I've never heard anyone talk about anyone as much as Emma talks about this guy Cedric."

"He must be important to you then," Harry spoke up.

"I don't think it's very respectful for us to talk about someone Emma views in a certain, erm, specific way," Hermione mentioned, rather pompously.

Emma nodded, "Thank you."

"Wait, what do you mean a certain way?" Ron questioned. He knew exactly how to get Hermione to say what she was thinking, even if she didn't want to actually speak it out loud.

"Well, she fancies him, does she not?" Hermione asked.

"Who fancies who?" a voice spoke from behind Emma, Ron, and Hermione.

People have got to stop speaking before we see them.

El, Indiana, and Harry couldn't help the laughter that immediately took over which they tried to suppress, or at least tried to cover with a few coughs.

Emma turned slowly in her seat to see that Cedric was right behind her. Predictable.

"Hey, Ced," she spoke with no embarrassment other than the red flush marks on her cheeks.

"Ooh, Ced, is that what you're calling him now?" El teased her sister, earning her a glare.

Cedric, however, took notice that Emma wasn't particularly amused by the teasing so he ignored it, "Are you ready for practice?"

Though she still had half of her breakfast left, Emma stood up quickly from her seat, "Yep."

The way she had got up so quickly and in what felt like only .5 seconds was led out of the great hall by what the others called 'some-mangy-old-Hufflepuff' was quite astonishing.

"At this rate, she'll have moved on past Ced and onto Ceddyweddypoo," Ron commented.

"Ronald!" Hermione scolded, hitting her redhead-friend with a rolled up Daily Prophet but soon being kicked softly under the table by Harry as a warning to stop.

Hermione looked across the table to question why Harry had done such a thing but she saw her answer almost immediately. Professor McGonagall was walking up to the Gryffindor table and it looked like she was headed straight for the group of friends. When she stopped right in front of them, they saw that they were right about her coming to them.

"Miss Ryan, Miss Pierce, may I have a word with you two?" McGonagall asked, her lips pursed which was a tell-tale sign that she was upset.

"Whatever you say to them, you can say to us," Ron said, his mouth full again.