Chapter Four

Chapter Four

If you want to read it, there's an A/N at the bottom of this chapter. Happy reading!

^^^Picture of Jason above^^^

My breathing got faster as I processed what she said. A party. And I'm going. This is a major change in scene...but wait. I don't have to go. She can't make me.

"Desi?"

"Yeah?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were throwing a party?"

She giggled and replied with,"Well then you wouldn't want to come! I want to show my old friends that I'm moving on. They worry, you know? Plus, my charity work of the year hasn't been done yet. So helping the poor seemed like the best thing to do. I bought you an outfit and now you get a taste of finer life."

I blinked. Was this girl for real? Did she really expect me to buy into that crap? I said,"Look, I appreciate the gesture, but this is seriously messed up. I--"

Desirae interrupts,"Hold it, hold it. I-I just didn't know how to say my reason, so I just decided to be rude to you. I don't know why. I'll tell you the reason for my inviting you after the party. Also, the explanation sounds kind of crazy. But I'll only tell you if you attend. Deal?"

I was confused, and conflicted. Going would encourage her appalling behavior, but I was rather curious as to why Desi would invite little old me. They say that curiosity killed the cat...

"Fine," I said. "As long as you tell me why you invited me here, I'll do it. Okay?"

"Okay. Let's go downstairs to get ready for the party," she said.

Desi runs downstairs to the kitchen, with me trailing hesitantly behind. When I walk in, she's already there. I was about to speak when Desirae pulls out a knife and heads toward me.

I said,"Wh-What are you--"

"Don't worry," she scoffed. "I'm going for the box behind you. The one I brought in earlier?"

"Oh," I saw the box and moved over. "What's in it anyway?"

She handed me the knife and and said,"Why don't you find out? Go ahead, open it."

I knifed open the seal of the box and forced open the flaps to reveal cans of beer. Lots and lots of beer. I had a feeling this wasn't to be the classiest of parties...

She looked at my reprimanding face and cried,"Well don't look at me like that! It was my friend's stash, and her idea too! I'm a non-alcoholic anyway. You can have a Coke if you want. I've got plenty. Also this isn't even half the alcohol that's going to be there. It's BYOB after all."

I sighed. What had I gotten myself into?

***

As soon as the party was set up, Desi shooed me upstairs to get dressed. She said she had to do one other thing, and would get changed later.

I grabbed my dress and shoes, and also grabbed one of Desi's leather jackets to make my outfit seem less formal. Taking off my glasses so they wouldn't be in the way, I put the dress back on and shoved my feet into Desi's shoes. They were a bit small, but they'd do. I then shrugged on the borrowed jacket and pulled my hair out from the jacket. Usually my hair was up, but I decided to leave my hair down in waves. This time only.

I started to run downstairs, but almost killed myself by falling down. Not my finest moment. I realized then that I left my glasses in Desi's room, so I got up and walked back, carefully this time. Just as I reached the door, the doorbell rang. I ignored it, not wanting to do a repeat of eating the carpet. I swiped my glasses where I left them and put them on my face. Better. I could see now.