Penny - Guardian [Ash]

Book: Penny - Guardian
Author: SunshineRo91 
Reviewer: _Ash_es
Chapters read:

Cover: 4/5
The cover is cute, simplistic and enigmatic. It also gives off this lost vibe. Like when someone is trying to find reality or something. I really like it.

Title and blurb: 6/10
Title is straightforward and simple and I just wish you'd made it a little bit unique. The blurb is thought provoking and concise but not really clear to me. I was getting it from the beginning but towards the middle I was lost. Also, after the first sentence, there should be a comma before ‘she’ not a full stop.

Introduction: 17/20
That was an exceptional one, not gonna lie. I liked getting to know Penny, her friends, enemies, lifestyle, the way she's still getting used to the fact that she's different from many others. It was easy to flow through the story. It grabbed my interest and still has it. Most of all, I like the relationships between the characters. Both the good and the bad. The only problem with this chapter is the punctuation. I had to read again to know when a particular sentence began or ended. I will list them out when I talk about the mechanics.

Mechanics: 6/10
What a coincidence, I just mentioned this. Okay, so your work has good grammar, spelling and the paragraphs are well spaced. But now let's go on to the punctuation. First, the dialogue punctuation. My goodness, I say this one a lot. A comma before the closing quotation not a full stop and the word coming after it, that is the person talking should start with an uppercase letter. Well, except it's a person's name or the pronoun ‘I’. Okay, I like doing this, lemme give you an example. “This job is starting to get intense,” Ash said. “Did I tell you to sign up for it?” he questioned scornfully. I hope that was clear enough. There were also a few cases where you were supposed to use apostrophes in the contractions but they were omitted. Lastly, you make errors when it comes to ending a sentence. You use commas when you're not supposed to and omit when you're meant to. It's not a colossal issue, anyway. It just needs to be corrected.

Plot: 5/5
Wow, what gripping narrative! It was hard to lose interest in such a story line. I really don't have much to say but you deserve all the marks in this one.

Originality: 9/10
Great job in making your own unique world. It isn't easy so I have to commend it. The romance and the fantasy wasn't so cliché and it is something I will definitely read because of the distinctiveness.

Writing style: 20/20
Impressive sentence structure, brilliant use of words and amazing descriptions! I hope that sums it up.

Enjoyment: 18/20
For me, any book that can evoke emotions from you is a really great one. I can still feel the tension from chapter two. In short, I liked it right from the beginning. The romance is cute…and infact I'm going to finish this book. But don't forget to work on the mistakes pointed out because those little things matter and can deter some people from continuing the story.

Total: 85/100

─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─ ⋄ ☾∘☽ ⋄ ─⁠──⁠──⁠──⁠─

Thank you for requesting a review from us. Do let us know what you think so that we can improve to better provide for authors like you.