Part 10: New Place

After clearing everything up with the yard, the men were packed away into caged wagons and wheeled off. The young master and party made their way back to their own wagon, Lau joining them on their way back. The ride was pleasant, Lucas joined Sebastian on the front of the wagon as Ciel and Lau sat inside.

“My it's cold, to think it was sunny just hours ago” Lucas states as the land around them is now coated in snow

“You could've sat inside you know” Sebastian said as he held the reins to steer the wagon

“Eh, well I think it shows initiative”

“For what?” Sebastian questions

Lucas sits for a second as he realizes he doesn't exactly have an answer

“For proving I'm capable of being a butler..?” He said unconfidently as he shrugged

“I think the young master would've liked to talk to you about it on the ride back, but I must say you did take good initiative back there in the alley”

Lucas felt satisfied with this compliment, but also uneasy, there was no guarantee he would get a job. Even then if he did, this is in another country, there could be different rules and things he could mess up on.

Now he felt nervous.

“Would you like me to take the reins?” Lucas asked, needing something to pry his mind from this anxiousness

“Sure” Sebastian said as he handed the reigns over to Lucas, he steered the wagon all the way back as Sebastian directed him slowly through the snowy forests. Before long they reached the great Phantomhive Manor. It was odd, Lucas had never seen such a big building without the great land and workers needed to maintain it. Along with there seemingly being no crops or animals in sight. How could they possibly maintain themselves?

He noticed outside, three servants seemingly waiting for their arrival, cheering for them. One boy wearing a straw hat and gardeners gloves, another blonde man wearing a full white chef's outfit, and a maid with red hair and oddly big glasses.

“Oh, are those the servant heads?” Lucas asked as Sebastian looked puzzled

“Servant heads?”

“Yeah, like, the boss of their respective sections? The garden, the kitchen, and the maids” Lucas explained before being met with a light chuckle from Sebastian

“Oh no, those are all our servants” He replied

“Huh” Lucas asked but before then, they pulled the carriage around to the steps of the manor. Sebastian and Lucas hopped down as Lucas opened the door for the men inside the carriage, and Sebastian helped the young master down.

All the servants seemed gleeful to see the young master, to which he created them apathetically

“Who's that boy?” The red haired maid asked

“He's looking to be our new hire, Sebastian”

Sebastian stood at attention before the Young Master continued

“Help Lucas get acquainted, and give him the rundown on our workings. Then see if he's truly fit for us here. Lau and I will be in the study hall”

Sebastian bowed “As you wish, Young Master” before he and Lau continued up the stairs

Sebastian then turned to the servants,

“Finny, take the carriage to the shed. Bardroy, begin the preparations for the young master dinner tonight, and Mey-Rin accompany Lucas and I. We have much to do with him.”