Part 8: East End

Back in the carriage, they ride on down to the East End, however as the bricks that pave the street become more rough, they stop the carriage and get out on their own accord. 

Sebastian opens the carriage door as Ciel steps down to the street. Lucas follows in suit, however he finds the steps a bit finicky and has a bit of a hard time getting down. Sebastian puts his hand out to aid Lucas down. Lucas grips Sebastian's hand softly, and daintily makes his way off the carriage as Sebastian closes the door behind him.

“Thank you, I seemed to have some trouble with the steps” Thanked Lucas as Sebastian bowed, responding with

“It's my pleasure”

Lucas smiled and followed Ciel down the street as Sebastian followed close behind. Lucas thought about how soft Sebastian's hand was, it felt strange, as soon as he held him. Lucas' felt almost uprighted and straightened out on an axis. It was strange indeed. 

They walked along the riverside and buildings, sprawling out across each other. Eventually they stopped in front of a stairwell going down? Lucas supposed it was an underground abode. Little did he know, they were at the entrance of the true criminal underworld. 

“We have arrived Young Master”

As they went down the steps and through the doors, they found more steps, a spiraling staircase down to another set of doors.

“Watch your step Young Master” Sebastian said as he looked back up at Lucas

“I suppose you don't need assistance down these steps as well, do you?”

He asked in a clearly teasing manner

“Oh I don't know, maybe I suppose I could use a nice man's hand to assist me once more”

Lucas joked as he let out his hand in a posh manner, before Sebastian took his hand again and brought him down the stairs. Once they reached the bottom, Lucas had a bright red flush on his face. As Ciel opened the door, a pungent and hazey smell wafted past them. 

“What an awful smell”

Ciel remarked as Lucas coughed and wafted the scent away from his face, backing up into Sebastian a bit. 

“Strange to be facing you here like this, but I've always believed this day would come” 

A voice drifted from the room in a low tone before brightening quickly, along with a louder and much more cheerful welcoming

“Welcome Lord Earl! It's been too long!”

In front of them was a Chinese man with women crawling around him, not literally. Asian women in rather revealing clothing for British taste. Lucas' was stunned, as he stared at their immodesty. Their legs almost completely in sight, going up all the way to their thighs! And their shoulders in view completely. Lucas didn't realize Ciel would be involved with this sort of thing.