two steps ahead

jiah knew the minute she stepped into da3light headquarters this wasn't gonna end well

jiah knew the minute she stepped into da3light headquarters this wasn't gonna end well. she knew from the moment they told her it was gonna be a thing that it wasn't gonna end well.

especially with bin aeri of all people.

the moment jiah started dating hwan she was a problem in aeris eyes. it was like there was something in da3lights water because nearly every single one of the models under that company were shady and rude.

there were a few models who used to be under da3light until they quickly realized how terrible their ceo was along with his terrible little minions.

jiah did not walk into this building ready to fight, but she had already told her manger that if aeri tried something she wouldn't just sit there and take it.

plus she had the go ahead to say whatever she wanted to say, to answer the questions however she wanted, and to walk out and end the interview when she saw fit.

technically, this interview was only happening to save aeris face, not hers. and the best part about it all? it was gonna be live streamed. and jiah was not gonna hold back.

"you know, i mean what i say in my songs when i talk about being unbothered. it kinda makes me laugh that she's going through all this, it's one sided." jiah chuckled to her manager as they entered the waiting room the staff had brought her to.

"let's just hope it goes smooth. well that's like praying for pigs to fly, but please just try to be nice in the beginning." hyunji sighed, already stressed enough with the idea of aeri and jiah being in the same room.

but she knew it wasn't jiah who she had to worry about.

"if you need someone to fight her for you, they can't fire me so... just saying." jaehyun, her new stylist, smirked as she pulled out her things to retouch jiahs makeup.

beom jaehyun was notorious in the stylist world for her bitchy personality and inability to put a filter on the words that came out of her mouth. normally, someone would be bothered by the way she talked to them, but for jiah she matched her personality perfectly.

although outwardly she had to be prim and proper like an idol, but jaehyun was everything that jiah was on the inside. and there was a large chance aeri was about to put that on blast today.

"i appreciate it, but if she tries anything im gonna fight my own battles." jiah hummed, pulling out her phone to respond to niki's messages of encouraging a fight to happen.

by the time the staff had come back to fetch her she was fully ready to face this head on. she was walking into this with an open mind because maybe, just maybe, aeri would be sensible not to act the way she does on the internet in real life too.

the minute she sat down on the plush white couch next to aeris chair, facing the girl who currently sported a deathly glare, she knew that wasn't gonna happen.