62 Punishment

Part 62 Punishment

"Be careful, Mr. Bose, in the process of revenging her, don't spoil your life" I said.

"I don't care if my life spoilt. I will revenge her. Nothing can stop me" he said furiously.

"I have no opposite thought in making her punished but we can send her to prison"

"Prison? For what Arnav? To give her another chance to play? No way"

"What did you do to her?" I asked.

"Do you want to see what she is doing?"

I looked at him and said nothing. Taking his phone, Bose gave it to me. Taking it from him, I saw a video in it.

"Run it," Bose said.

I ran the video and saw Mithra sitting at the corner of the demolished room fearfully. There was no bright light in the building. The place looked directly.

"She looks fearful... why?" I asked and Bose smirked.

"Wait for a few seconds..." he said.

I continued watching the video. The camera moved to the left side. I saw a DOG being tied with a long rope. The dog didn't seem a high breed. It was a normal street dog... that too RABID dog. I looked at Bose shockingly.

"The dog will pounce on her even if she moves a little. The dog doesn't even need to bite her. Its saliva or a slight scratch is enough to infect her with a deadly virus. There is no specific treatment for Rabies you know? The disease usually causes death. Once the symptoms appear, it's nearly always fatal. A minimal number of people survived Rabies, those who got immediate and severe treatment. In Mithra's matter, it will not happen..." he laughed.

I gazed at him gulping down. I didn't know that he would have such a deep-rooted anger towards her.

"It's been two days... still, she hasn't even touched the food or water. Do you know why? She is scared... scared of the Rabid Dog..."

"Why are you so angry with her, Bose? You could have killed her instead of doing this. Don't you think this is too much for a woman? I agree she made you wrong in Shashi uncle's eyes..."

Cutting her,

"Do you think I'm revenging her only because she accused me?"

"Is something more than that?"

"Yes...When Garima fell taking her last breath, Mithra kicked her addressing her DOG... that day I decided that her death should be caused by DOG. That's what I'm doing now. How cheap she is... she addressed the one as DOG who gave shelter to her. A woman like her doesn't deserve sympathy, Arnav..."

"How long will you keep her under the dog's control?"

"For one more week. After that..."

"After that?"

"I will cut off the chain of the dog" he laughed.

I sighed.

"Until then, she must remain afraid of getting Rabies"

"Where are you keeping her?" I asked.

"You don't have to know that Arnav. Don't try to know it. Hereafter, I won't meet you."

"But why?"

"I mean we will meet in the Palace but not like this"

I nodded ok.

"You go... I will go afterward"

I nodded ok and left the restaurant. For the first time, I felt bad for Mithra. It was torture to know we were going to get a worse death. Though Mithra like a woman won't deserve sympathy a man like me could not ignore it. It was different if she got affected by Rabies unexpectedly but knowing about her death was something horrible. She could not even sleep... could not even eat and drink. My mother always says that 'Karma is a Bi***. I never believed that before but now, I could not be. No matter how safe the person would be, he/she could not escape from the karma.