41 Time is Precious

Part 41 Time is Precious

I didn't expect Akash would take SUCH lead in this matter. He was unknowingly helping me to take the issue forward. If he took the Biriyani to the Palace, it would be the first step in the process of sending Khushi to London. I would get to know Shashi's stand. But, I wanted to know why Akash wanted to do that.

"Do you like Khushi's Biriyani so much?" I asked.

Khushi looked at me shockingly. She might have thought I would stop Akash from taking it to her father.

"I like it very much but I don't take it to my father for that reason. I want him to know how good a cook his daughter is. Not only that, SHE should know Khushi started cooking and she is HAPPY with you"

Before I said anything, Khushi said,

"Bhai, I don't think, it's necessary"

I and Akash looked at her plainly. We understood Khushi said that in fear. But why?

"Why Khushi? Won't your father deserve tasting your dexterity?" I asked.

Akash waited for her reply.

"No, Arnav. She will think I'm intentionally irritating her by sending the biriyani"

"So what if she thinks so?" Akash asked.

"Akash, you don't understand. She won't be quiet but will do something to defeat me. Only I know how cunning she is"

"She can do nothing, Khushi. You are a Princess and I'm a Prince... how could she oppose us?"

"We are Prince and Princess from the beginning. Yet, she did many things..."

"But, her condition is not the same now... she can't even speak like before"

"She may get her power back from the KING" I interfered.

"I will not let it happen... if Dad lets her do things as per her wish, he will face the worst of me," Akash said.

"What will you do? Will you leave the Palace?" Khushi asked.

"Why should I leave the Palace? It's ours... I will never do that no matter what. Instead, I will make her life hell being with her"

"Why are you so angry, Akash?" I asked definitely not in a consoling manner but only to fuel his anger because I noticed Akash losing his temper whenever he spoke about Mithra.

"You can feel it only if you are in my place, Arnav. I'm recalling everything from the time she stepped into the palace and I suspect her in many things..."

Akash looked at Khushi and asked,

"Do you remember Rahim Kaka and Chandra Bose uncle?"

Khushi nodded yes.

"Did you ever thought about them?"

Khushi looked at me and nodded yes.

"Why did Rahim Kaka leave his job all of a sudden? Do you think he is such a person who could leave us in the crucial period of our life?"

Khushi nodded no and said,

"Yes, I too remember him often. He looked after us like his grandchildren when our mom was alive. Then, how did he leave us after her demise?"

"Exactly... he is not so irresponsible person as to leave motherless children as orphans"

I was highly impressed by the unknown man Rahim. Khushi and Akash both felt the same for Rahim. Was he that responsible person? If he was so, why did he leave them after their mother's demise instead of being with them?