CHAPTER 3: NEWEST DAMSEL

A new detective just moved into town, by the name of Julie Cooper, Julie Cooper graduated top of her class with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice. Julie was unpacking her things in her new office when her phone started to ring, she picked up the phone, “hello this is Detective Cooper speaking, how will I be at your assistance?” she asked, “hello Ms. Cooper, I saw your ad on the Winter Boulevard Bay’s official website, and I need your help. Shall we discuss it over dinner?” a woman's voice spoke from the other side of the call, “Certainly. What time and where should we meet?” Julie asks, “At the local diner, ‘eat and take’ at 5 pm” The woman answers, “Alright, I didn't get your name?” Julie asks, “My name is Darline. Darline Dickens.” the woman introduces herself, “Okay, I'll see you there.” Julie then hangs up the phone.

The clock strikes 5 pm, and Julie heads into her car and drives to ‘eat and take’ where the mysterious client wanted to meet. Julie got there and she saw a woman, hair yellow as gold & eyes green as grass waiting at the door, Julie Walked up to her, “Excuse me, Are you, Ms. Darline?” Julie asks, the woman looks at Julie and smiles. “Yes! That's me, I'm so glad you came. May we head inside?” Julie nodded and the two girls went inside and took a seat.

“So why did you need my help?” Julie asks. “Well...Have you heard of the Millards case?” Darline asks. “The family that called the police and when the police got to their house they saw a heck of a scene, but there was a red ribbon tied around their dead body's wrist? Yes. Why?” Julie Replies with a follow-up question, “I think me and my family are next. I know I should've reported this to the police, but they said they couldn't do anything because previous cases like these were never solved. So they suspected they wouldn't be able to solve my case either. But when I saw your ad I just knew I had to give it a shot.” Darline Answers. Silence filled their conversation for a few minutes, and Julie had a confused but shocked look.

“And how do you know this?” Julie asks concerningly, Darline takes out papers, documents, and a red ribbon. “We moved into the millards house a few months ago. And ever since then, we have been receiving these letters.” Darline shows the letters, All of them seem to be signed in a mysterious symbol that looks just like a ribbon. All of the letters were pictures of the family inside the house, mowing the lawn, and other personal activities. “At first we just thought it was random teenagers pranking us, but the pictures just started to get more personal. I am scared. My children are scared. My husband tried to figure out who it was. But then, he got into a car crash and now he’s in a coma. And doctors aren't aware when he’ll wake up. So I need your help.” Julie looked at the documents, all of them seemed to be documents and papers of families that bought the Millard house in the past, and were victims of the red ribbon. “This is how I know, that me and my family are next.” Darline says, Julie looks at Darline and feels sorry, “I’ll do the best I can.” Julie Accepts the task.