Manta's Lair - 2022

"Yup, this sure looks like a supervillain's evil lair," Claudia muttered as they entered the volcano. The air was so thick and heavy now she made sure her helmet and mask were once more securely in place. "You sure this is dormant?"

Before Arthur could answer, they spotted another minion with a gun  up ahead with their back to them. Just their luck.

"You wanna take this one?" Arthur asked her.

"Hell yeah!"

He cupped his hands around his mouth. "Caw caw!"

She slammed  the guy and they scurried upwards towards the control centre. 

When the door slid open, a guard jumped upon seeing them standing there. Arthur turned to Claudia, who turned to Orm, who shrugged, and back into action they jumped. 

Arthur knocked down the last of the guards - in here at least - and then swiped a hand across his chest. "Sasa!"

Now with the space all to themselves, they looked around for  clues, namely the centre of the volcano. 

"It's an orichalcum furnace. All that stolen orichalcum - they're just burning it up," Orm cried. 

"So then he's heating the atmosphere on purpose," Arthur reasoned.

"This is catastrophic." Orm leaned against the control panel to see out the window further. "This whole place must be heat shielded to protect it from the Surface's thermal satellites." 

"But how do we stop them?" Claudia sked.

"To take out the reactor we would have to crater the entire island-"

Orm was cut off by a man's voice behind them. They turned to see another one of Manta's minions holding a gun. "Get away from there, now! This blaster may be ancient but it was built for killing Atlanteans." 

"Good thing I'm human then," she muttered. 

The man hit the button on the side panel and the door slid closed behind him, sealing them in.

But as soon as the door closed, he threw down the weapon and a huge grin broke out over his face. "Okay, I am so sorry, I didn't mean that! I just didn't want you to break me in half before I could surrender." Now he raised his hands in said surrender.  "Please take me with you." 

Arthur just stared back.  Then, "Claudie, knock him out. Bro, help me move these bodies."

"No, no, wait, please!" the man begged as she stepped forward.  "I didn't want any of this! All I wanted was to see Atlantis with my own eyes, I thought I could share its wonders with the world. I'm a scientist and I just wanted to be taken seriously. David Kane said he could help me but now he won't let me leave."

"You expect us to believe you have nothing to do with this?" Orm demanded.

"Classic," Claudia added. 

"I know, I've done things I'm not proud of. But he would have killed me if I hadn't."

Arthur scoffed. "Knock him out, Claudie."

"No!" cried Orm as she stepped forward once again.

"Okay, I'll knock him out." Now Arthur moved to step forward. 

"No!"

"You wanna knock him out?"

"No," Orm insisted. 

The two pouted. 

"Fine," groaned Arthur. "You can come with us."

The guy glowed.  "Oh, thank you-"