Chapter 2 - A lifetime Stuck In Silence

Zayn often found himself falling too hard for Niall, considering the circumstances. But how could he resist? Niall was everything Zayn had ever wanted. Zayn loved protecting his brother, and loved watching Niall smile. It was the best thing he had ever seen, watching Niall’s blue eyes light up and his lips to part slightly. Zayn really did love Niall, and did everything to take care of him. But sometimes, he had trouble. After all, he was a teenage boy looking after his handicapped little brother. Sometimes things got complicated.

          “No,” Niall said, shaking his head.

          “Niall, we have to go to school,” Zayn tried to coax Niall out of the house and towards his car.

          “No,” Niall repeated, staring off into the distance and not moving.

          “Please,” Zayn begged, not wanting to have to carry Niall—Niall hated that.

          “Draw when we get home,” Niall said, still staring off into the distance. Zayn stepped in front of Niall and grabbed his face gently, looking into his eyes. Sometimes it was hard to keep Niall’s attention.

          “Yes,” Zayn smiled, “I will draw with you when we get home, okay? Now let’s go, we have to get to school,”

          Finally, Niall moved, letting Zayn hold his hand and lead him to the car. The drive was almost silent. The only noise was Niall’s gentle humming, which Zayn smiled upon. Niall was a very creative and loved to do anything artistic, whether it be singing Disney songs or painting and drawing.

          “Alright, Niall,” Zayn said, hopping out of the car once they parked and running around to the other side, opening the door and grabbing Niall’s hand, “Let’s get you to class,”

          Zayn walked Niall through the halls, his hand still entwined with Niall’s, ignoring the looks and rude whispers being spoken.

          “Don’t want to go,” Niall mumbled as we arrived in front of the special education room.

          “It’s okay, Nialler,” Zayn whispered, pulling his brother in for a hug, “I’ll meet you for lunch, okay? And then I’ll be here right after school and we can go home and paint,”

          Niall simply nodded, getting distracted by as shiny object across the hallway.

          “Hey,” Zayn said, trying to regain his attention, “Class time,”