°•♡•° / 7

—— Seori

The next day at school, Yeji and I found ourselves in the cafeteria, surrounded by the familiar buzz of students. As we sat down to eat with our friends – Yerin, Hyunsoo, and Kyungmin – Yeji couldn't resist sharing the latest development about Jungwon.

"Guess what, guys? Seori here has a new friend," Yeji announced with a mischievous grin.

I rolled my eyes, knowing exactly where this was headed. "It's not that big of a deal."

Yerin leaned forward, intrigued. "Spill the tea, Yeji. Who's this mysterious friend?"

Yeji pointed at me dramatically. "It's the Bad Boy Racer, Jungwon!"

Their eyes widened, and Hyunsoo chuckled. "Wait, the guy who hit Seori with his car? Now he's her friend?"

Kyungmin raised an eyebrow. "That's an interesting turn of events."

I sighed, realizing that my encounter with Jungwon had become the talk of the school. "We're just friends, okay? It's not a big deal."

As lunchtime chatter continued, my friends couldn't resist teasing me about the infamous Bad Boy Racer, Jungwon. Yerin nudged me with a playful smile. "So, Seori, spill the details. What's he like?"

I shrugged, trying to downplay the situation. "He's just a guy. We met under unusual circumstances, that's all."

Hyunsoo raised an eyebrow, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Is he as mysterious and brooding as they say?"

I rolled my eyes at the dramatic description. "More like annoyed and exasperated, but yeah, something like that."

Kyungmin joined the teasing. "Does he always race with that intense, bad boy aura?"

I laughed, recalling our conversations. "Off the track, he's not as intense. We've been texting a bit, and he's surprisingly... normal?"

Yeji chimed in, "Normal for a bad boy racer, I guess."

As the banter continued, I couldn't shake off the feeling that this connection with Jungwon was turning into a story of its own, with each interaction adding a layer of intrigue.

The teasing took an unexpected turn as my friends, unable to resist a bit of good-natured ribbing, shifted their attention to the age difference between Jungwon and me. Yerin smirked, "So, Seori, a 16-year-old with a street racer friend four years older? That's quite the friendship dynamic."

Hyunsoo chuckled, "Does he ever scold you for being too immature?"

I rolled my eyes, feeling the weight of their playful banter. "Age is just a number, guys. We're just friends. And, no, he hasn't scolded me for being immature... yet."

Kyungmin joined in with a smirk, "Well, as long as you don't drag him into any mischief, I guess it's fine."

Yeji couldn't resist adding, "Seori, you're living the teenage dream – a mysterious street racer friend. Who would've thought?"

The laughter echoed in the cafeteria as I playfully defended my newfound connection.

—— Jungwon

As I prepared to leave the racing house and pick up Seori from school, I could feel the curious gazes of my friends following me. Niki, engrossed in a racing game, was the first to ask, "Hey, Jungwon, where are you going?"

I glanced over, casually slipping on my shoes. "Picking up someone."

The words lingered in the air for only a moment before the others caught on. Heeseung raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips. "Picking up? Like, a date?"