Chapter 3

I was late again.

Laying in my bed lifeless has become my daily routine.

Nevertheless I reached the college early, doing reckless things have their perks; for example riding a bike at 120km/h on a freeways during school and office timings.

As I enter the coriander, The crowded hallways were beginning to emptied out because the classes were about to start, my eyes haven't rested for a second they are in search for her existence.

Like she would recognize me in this crowd, like she would run to me like I would to her if our eyes meet.

Entering the class I went to my seat, after sitting down, I started trying to sketch her face from my imagination.

She is not in any of my classes that was for sure because not only do I know everyone in my classes, I naturally know exactly what they look like too.

my pencil was poised over my notebook and I Didn't notice when the teacher entered until her voice cut through my thoughts, I heard the words that made my heart stop.

"New student that changed major recently will be joining us from today" the teacher announced.

"Please welcome Rosa ......"

I couldn't hear anything ahead of that. My grip tightened on the pencil, and it snapped in my hand.

Rosa?
Ro...sa?

The possibility raced through my mind, setting my heart pounding like a drum.

But I hesitated to look up, afraid of what I might find.

The broken pencil still in my grasp.

what if it's actually her?

What would I say to her? What if she know me? What if she didn't? what if she actually dream of me too and recognize me.

The list of "what ifs" grew longer with each passing second, matching the increasing tempo of my heartbeat.

I felt the girl walking past me.

"She remembers me or not, I could ask to be her friend," I resolved to a final conclusion, feeling her presence as she walked past me.

I was staring at the notebook in front of me like a coward, letting the poor pencil go I took a sharp breath, preparing myself for what might come next, and eventually stole a glance at the newcomer seated somewhere behind me.

Three seconds. That's all it took for my heart to start beating wildly in my ears all over again.

Maybe I have a heart problem that need fixing

But in those three seconds, I couldn't find her.
I try again, turning my whole face to the side, pretending to be looking at the board at the back side. So I won't have awkward stare written in my first impression for her.

Even with me playing pretending The newcomer turned her attention toward me, Disappointment flooded through me as I failed to catch sight of those familiar hazel eyes in the light color eyes of that girl.

I tuned back to my position, I don't know why I am so involved in this stupid dream.

It's just a dream, nothing more or nothing less, closing the notebook I took out my chemistry book and began to take notes of what the teacher was explaining.

Chemical reactions

That's what emotions are

On pinching, one can cry, skin becomes hot, heart beat increases and our brain desires to shout out loud or hit something in return.