Chapter 1

Private personal note of survival lesson #25
In a world like mine, it is important to be useful. Be smart if you can gather as much information as possible, remember everything. if you must even conceal information about yourself. they won't kill you if you have something to give.

Chapter one

I am confused this whole thing is confusing me. I feel odd every time I enter this room. It's not the white tiled room itself nor the people in it with their weird machines and white cloths it's not the cords they stick to me Maby it's the "Medicine" they inject into me. But at least I know one thing for certain that makes me feal this way. That tank It's what happens if their test works. I see and hear things every time I get shoved in that cold tank. It's not like anyone would willingly put themselves through something like this of their own free will.

"Alright Fourteen overhear please arm out" I looked at the tank then back at the man I call father. He looks the same as always, his black hair neatly styled, he's wearing a clean white coat identical to everyone else in this place the difference between him and the other workers is the nave blue tie glasses and bright yellow lanyard hung around his neck.

"Over here Fourteen we must begin the quicker we do the sooner you can go back to your room" he said bringing his left arm up and out to me beckon me forward in his right hand he held a syringe full of clear liquid.

I stood still scratching my upper arm. it's a bad nervous habit of mine I'm wearing the same cloths as yesterday. plain white pants and button up shirt I brush my hands down my arms over the metal cuffs that wind up my arms piercing into my skin. Looking up at our so-called father my black eyes meeting his "do I have to."

"Yes, you do.  ah miss Carson" a woman walked past me to meet farther "Doctor Williams everything is ready where waiting on you now" sighing father dropped his hands to his sides taking quick strides towards me "Wait I don't what to!" he reached out sharply grabbing me by the arm two other men in white coats grabbed me preventing me from moving whilst father pushed the needle into my skin. He grabbed me by the face, his warm skin standing out against mine cold and paper white. bring his hands up into my tanged jet-black hair bring them over to lightly brush at the one thing that sets us all apart the lab rats from researchers Horns. Black in my case, thin with chips in places. If it weren't for those all of us who are underaged could have passed as human. farther turned away walking away over to the opposite side of the room while the two men still holding onto me as I struggled to free myself. They managed to lift me off my feet, caring me towards the metal steps leading over to the tank.

Looking up at the men I scream "No not yet give me a second please later I will later just give me time please. Father!" They push me down onto a vertical stretcher binding me to it. Three of them stand around me now holding my head still as another person a woman this time fastened an oxygen mask was placed over my mouth and nose many different devices and cords were attached to me. Machines pushed over and placed next to me. Looking up at me from the platform below was father.

raising his voice, he called up "you will be fine Fourteen we have done this before. These exams are nothing new so quit your childish whining I don't quite understand why you're being so resistant against this you can't change the outcome. Doctor Campbell, your grandfather requested these sessions be done himself. Therefore, it will be done. honesty you've experienced worse if I do say so myself so be a big boy now and stop your complaining"

I have quite a few things to say to that but it's a bit difficult to voice them with a mask over your face. First off that was a shit way of trying to comfort me. If. that's what he was doing. Second who the hell is Grandfather in the nearly Sixteen years I have been here I've never heard of him so what do I care. Lastly, well this is more of a self-question. Like father said I've don't this time and time again so. Why? Am I crying?