24

Oscar

"What's up," I nod my head at the white man standing in front of me "Is Marie home?"

"Who's asking?" His eyes look me up and down in judgement.

"Tell her her son came to see her," I cross my arms "she'll know who you're talking about."

He hesitates before he puts his hand on the door staring at my teardrop tattoo under my eye. Man that's all everyone ever sees is the killer in me. Always expecting me to fuck some shit up.

"Gimme a minute," he swings the door closed and walks away but I put my foot in it before it closes all the way.

I push the door open slightly to see the living room to their new house. They have the same couch, running my hand across the back of it makes so many memories pop up.

"Are you sure your mom's not going to come home early?" I said in between kisses as Minnie grabbed my shirt pulling me from the kitchen onto the couch.

She sat me down and crawled into my lap, "she's working a double shift tonight. No breaks. Which means no interruptions."

A smirk formed on her lips causing me to smile. Our lips connected as the world disappeared around us, I never wanted to give that up. The way she made me feel.

Alive. Warm..

I look up as the man turns the corner and stops, taken aback that I'm standing in the middle of the living room.

"She said come in," he crosses his arms "but seems like you didn't want an answer."

I walk past him and stop next time him to look him in the eye. He doesn't know me or what I could do to him. I was here first.

"Second door to the left."

My shoulder bumps into him as I turn back to the hallway and walk towards the room.

"Oh my baby! Oscar!" Marie says excitedly as I walk into the room.

"Hi Ma," I give a soft smile and look at the machines near her bed. I take notice of the abundance of pill bottles on the night stand next to her. What the fuck happened?

"What did you do to your body?" Her eyes scan my tattoos.

"What you don't like them?" I chuckle and look at the tattoos on my arms.

"you look like thug," she shakes her head.

Well..

"Ma," I grab her hand looking at her frail body "what happened to you?"

Minnie

My heart drops as I hear Oscar in the room next to mine. Dre heard it too, he's sitting at the end of my bed listening to their conversation.

The walls in this house are super thin, you could hear a mouse sneeze. Especially when the doors are open.

"Don't worry about me," I look over at Dre who's intently staring at the floor.