Prologue

Before we rejoin our friends on their last day of school in the year 1998; you must be made aware of a few things occurred in their journey towards their final day at Our Lady Immaculate College, some of which you already know about. But with more than a year before that monumental day when the Good Friday agreement came to be, along with Erin and Orla's monumental 18th joint birthday party; There were quite a few other incidents along the way.

Many things had occurred for the band of Derry Girls following the successful valentine's disco. The gang, Clare especially, had endured 10 separate occasions where.... Hold on that's kind of giving the game away......

..... During the summer of '97, things had quietened down, and there was no news of the Devlin house being sold. The gang naively believed that Clare's mammy had decided against selling the house altogether.... Hold on.... I can't really tell you about that yet.

.... Well, there was this one time where the gang decide to have a day out to Barry's amusement park in Portrush. That was definitely an eventful day. As fun as it was for them seeing Clare cack herself on the roller coaster, Erin cacked herself.... Again, on the ghost train. Michelle got wallpapered on vodka. Orla even had a setback of her own where she... oh Christ! This is getting hard.

..... Oh, there was the time where James, Clare and Marco had decided to co-join their 18th birthdays in September with a family dinner in Strabane, ironically. An idea that Mary and Sarah commended upon since their birthdays were only days apart. The restaurant in Strabane was the setting for what was a welcome sight as both boys got to see..... Oh Jeysus!

Uh...... Oh! One thing I can say, Erin had promised James an exceptionally special gift for his 18th birthday.... Or did she? Ye know what? This is too hard! Maybe before we get into any of this..... Maybe we should reverse a little bit and find out what became of the duo of Patrick and Danny O'Driscoll. Let's take you back to June 1997......