023

┊͙✧˖*°࿐
I look to you and I see nothing.
Mazzy Star

Aria adjusted the white sundress adorning her body as she watched Mike get on the stage, bodies surrounding her as the hot beam from the sun made her sweat.

"I just want to thank everyone for coming out tonight. Thank you for your support after a tough couple of months. I want to say thank you to our daughter for being here." He smiled towards her, Kie flashing a grin, covering her face slightly with embarrassment. "We love you."

His speech continued, bringing his wife on stage as everyone applauded.

Aria smiled, watching the couple intertwined with laughter. She cleared her throat, furrowing her brows as she saw John B, jogging up to find Sarah.

She glanced around, leaving Kies side, fiddling with end of her dress. Her body came to halt, her eyes flickering all around his face as he was bent by the fence.

"JJ?" She walked over, glancing around. "I saw JB. I knew you'd be around here somewhere."

He slowly stood, looking at the Kooks surrounding them. "Yeah...I just figured I'd keep my distance. Didn't really wanna spoil the party for you."

Aria nibbled on her bottom lip as they stood in front of one another. "Yeah. Kie told me you guys ran off. Are you okay?"

"No." JJ was quick to shake his head. "Look, long story short, we're mounting a full search and rescue mission right now because Big John got napped."

She gave him a once over with a tilted head. "What do you mean, JJ?"

"Uh, snatched, kidnapped, abducted, that kinda thing. To South America by Singh. So we have to get down there as soon as we can."

"South America? Right now?" Aria asked in disbelief. "Wait, are you asking me to go?"

JJ licked his lips. "Yeah, yes. We need you, Aria. Look, I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking, okay? I just...I get worked up about shit."

"Okay." Aria clicked her tongue. "But, so...you get all mad at me, throw insults at me, steal from dad, and just think, hey, South America! Let's go!"

JJ blinked. "So, is that a no? You're just gonna ghost me? Us?"

"JJ." Aria held her forehead. "We need to talk. We can't keep doing this. I understand you're hurting or whatever but you can't keep pushing me away."

"I know, okay?" JJ brushed his hair from his face. "I just...we can talk. But, John B, his father, Ari. Are you apart of this or not?"

Aria parted her lips. "My parents will have my neck! I can't. I've sacrificed everything for you."

"Cool. It's alright." He slapped his hands together with frustration. "All I need to know." JJ turned back around. "Look, about the money clip. I know what I did and I don't regret it. So, thank you. Actually, thank him."

Aria chuckled as he turned his back to her. "What is wrong with you? Why are you being like this? You're really gonna act like you don't care? About me?"

JJ froze, turning to face her. "I do care. Of course I care. I just have shit I need to take care of."

"I love you, JJ." Aria leaned forward, holding this side of his face. "Please."

"I'm gonna go help my best friend save his father." He grasped her hand, bringing it down as he held it between them. "Maybe I'll see you when I get back."

Aria took her hand from his grasp. "Yeah, maybe."

"If I get back." JJ mumbled before walking away.

Aria held her face in her hands, her bright eyes teary as she watched him walk away, John B sulking with anger as JJ grabbed his back.