Chapter Eighteen

She whispered his name, shock lacing her voice. She couldn't stop staring at his face, he looked tired. His hand came and brushed her cheek, it felt like he was doing it to comfort himself. He let the hand cup the side of her face and was just taking her in, she was starting to feel anxious with the quiet stares when the voice of her sales assistant spoke up.

"I found a few dresses for you to try, would you like help putting them on?" Ronan pressed a single finger to her lips and pressed himself against the wall so he would be hidden behind the door when she opened it.

"If it wouldn't be an issue, I'd like to put them on myself. I get shy." She opens the door, taking the three dresses in the women's hands. None of them have large skirts and are easy to handle and the woman nods in understanding, letting her know she will be right out there to help. Fallon smiles and thanks her, closing the door and hanging the dresses up.

"Would you like me to turn too?" He asks, his eyes working their way up and down her body with such a slow and intense focus she could almost feel him.

Instead of answering she started to underdress down to the simple white bra and thong she had been wearing. Ava had suggested wearing them since they wouldn't stand out against the dresses. Ronan was watching her, every move she made. When she went to grab the first dress and moved and let both his arms rest beside her head on the wall. His face dropped onto her neck as he moved her hair and trailed his lips against her sensitive skin.
"Can you stay quiet?" He asks, his voice coming out rough as one of his hands slides down onto her stomach. He was trailing circles on the skin above where her thong laid, his mouth nipping at her skin when she let out a whimper so quiet she almost didn't hear it.

"Do you want me to continue?" He dipped his rough fingers just below her thong, not touching her where she was aching for him. She never experienced such strong need, he made her inside twist and mind feel like it was ready to break if he didn't keep touching her.

"Please." The cry came out heavy and he obliged instantly. His finger moved down further until he brushed right over her lips, slowly pushing through until two of his fingers were deep in her and she had to bite down on her lip to keep herself from begging for more.

His thumb just brushed over her clit when he pulled back fully. Her body feeling alone without his hands on her, in her. "Put on one of those dresses for me." He licked across the curve of her neck and moved back, leaning against the wall.

Her chest was heavy and her body was wanting but she did as he said and tried on the first dress with his help. It was fully lace and very provocative, forming to every curve of her body and showing a lot more skin then she expected throughout the design of it. It was gorgeous and it made her feel powerful in a way she hadn't ever. She looked at the back, the way it was cut out exposing most of her skin.

Then she looked at Ronan who couldn't take his eyes off her. "You are fucking exquisite, he doesn't deserve to see you walking to him in a dress like this." He moved to touch her again, like he couldn't stop himself. As if when she was near him he just needed to be there, feeling her skin against his, letting his warmth cool her chilled skin.

"Is everything going okay in there?" The sales assistant asks. She had been in here with him for longer than needed.

"Yes, I just needed a moment." Ronan turns her in his arms and lets his hands rest gently against her waist, still just taking her all in.

"I understand, this is a big emotional moment. Choosing the dress you'll be wearing while committing yourself to the love of your life." Fallon lets out a small laugh at that, not being able to help herself.

As if Nicholas was capable of loving a person that sincerely, she was certain he was not even born but instead crawled out of the ocean in an armani suit with a burning desire to ruin lives. Ronan was right, this dress was too pretty to wear for him. Though she wanted it for herself and how it made her feel she couldn't let something so pretty be attached to an event with someone so ugly. He may have looked like a model but his soul was an ugly, shallow thing.

Ronan kept his hands on her as she leaned up and bit his bottom lip, focusing on something other than Nicholas and her approaching wedding. "Ask to try some dresses with a looser skirt." He let her go and sent her towards the door.

She stepped out into the room and walked with the women to where her sister in laws waited. Maria was sitting on the couch, sipping a glass of champagne. Her red tinted lips almost snarled at the sight of her in the dress but said nothing, instead she took another from the glass.