𝟎𝟐 - 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧

the day had finally come; the gilmore's first day of chilton. estella had made sure to set her alarm extra early so she could spend time getting ready.

when it finally went off at the ripe time of 5 am, estella groaned, rolled over and brushed the hair out of her face. slamming the blaring alarm clock into the wall in order to shut it up, she swung her legs over the side of the bed and made her way to the bathroom across the hall to shower.

about 15 minutes later, estella walked back into her room with a noticeably better attitude. her hair was wrapped into a towel, she pulled her fuzzy pink robe tighter around herself before laying out her school uniform and plugging in her hair dryer.

using the round brush on her vanity, she managed her normal blowout, taking extra time on her bangs. putting her hair supplies back into their drawer, she pulled open the one above it revealing her small makeup collection. she applied a touch of concealer at the out edges of her eyes and a small dot of blush on the apples of her cheeks. brushing on some mascara and setting out her favourite tinted lip oil, she closed that drawer as well.

stepping over to the edge of the bed, she untied her robe and let it pool at her feet. she slipped on the skirt, it now stopped a couple inches above her knees thanks to anne. estella decided against wearing the jacket today, and just buttoned up the blue undershirt which now,also thanks to anne, bore the chilton logo on the right. tying her tie and grabbing the black mary jane pumps, estella walked back over to the jewelry box by her vanity. she pulled out star hoops and a couple silver bracelets.

after adjusting her rings and grabbing her lip oil, she grabbed her bookbag and walked down the stairs to find her mom still asleep and anne waiting outside in her pink thunderbird.

estella decided to go talk to anne before dealing with her mother. as she opened the door, she set her bookbag on the porch and walked over to annes car and leaned in the open window.

"what are you doing here? its only 6:30?" stella asked her best friend.

"picking you up?" anne told her in an 'obviously' tone.

"i thought my mom had talk to the headmaster or something?" stella would've jumped at the opportunity to leave early and alone so she could talk to the headmaster alone if she could.

"you can do it by yourself, i advise you do. it shows independence and maturity," anne recommended.

stella pondered the idea for a mere few second before shrugging and mumbling "fuck it, whats the worst that could happen?" she ran up to the porch, grabbing her bookbag and hopping in the car, completely forgetting about waking up her mother.

"can we run by lukes and grab coffee?" estella asked as they pulled out of the driveway.

"yes!" anne smiled brightly.  "i talked to my friends yesterday, theyre all very excited to you."

"really?" estallas nose scrunched up.

"yes! dont worry, theyre not super energetic."

"ok good," estella blew out a sigh of relief. she already had a feeling today would drain her social battery being the new kid and all, she was hoping that meeting annes friends would go smoothly.

soon anne pulled up to lukes, the girls going in to order coffee.

"good morning luke," estella sang.

luke gave her a deadpanned look before sliding a large black coffee to her. "good morning estella. this does not mean i support your coffee addiction, its simply because its your first day."