Chapter 17: Help From a Long Mourned Woman

This wasn't good. We were blocked by maniacs. I grabbed one of Mom's daggers. To be honest, I only had one of them. I couldn't find the other dagger. I assume it might've accidentally been buried with Mom. I looked up for a moment. The flashbang had caused a small section of the ceiling to crumble. If we fought with all our might, there was a good chance that we'd be crushed. "Listen, I know you are loyal to Thueban and Kuragari for that matter, but look around, the whole place is going to collapse!" I yelled.

Stepping forward, Sagira said, "She's right. Vice Headmaster Alnujum, Vice Chancellor Almuetadi, and Vice Chancellor Mutaqadim is this worth killing people over?"

The woman in the black shirt scoffed. She held a hatchet with a tight grip. "Enough out of you, Karim," she spoke with her voice as cold as the Arctic, "we are prepared to silence you by force if the time calls for it."

"Rahma, please, if the kids can't get to the gem, so I've heard, the world will be in great danger. You have to let us through," Qawiun pleaded.

The man held up a revolver at Qawiun and yelled, "Enough!"

Suddenly, the gun was fired at his forehead. Qawiun braced himself, but out of nowhere, a gray light flashed and the bullet stopped in mid-air. We all turned. Sagira's eyes were gray and her face wore a furious expression. "Alnujum, you piece of crap," she began, "Curse you!"

WOOOSH! A blast of air concentrated on and sent Alnujum flying into the wall. Blood was thrown up and Alnujum hit the floor, unconscious. Everyone was shocked. The air Astral had been unidentified for years. "Well, at least we got one down," Hinata commented.

Looking around, Dahlia replied, "Yeah, but just look at all these cracks and the small debris falling. I doubt we can deliver another blow like that in these conditions."

"Dahlia is right," I started to say, "If we fight, we will all be crushed. Quit this madness and have some common sense!"

"We'd never go along with you! You can just die now!" Rahma, the woman with the hatchet, shouted.

Rahma threw the hatchet and it hit Briar in the shoulder. Briar yelped in pain. I turned around. Panicking, I asked, "Briar, are you ok?!"

Briar gritted her teeth. "Y-Yeah. It's a deep wound, but I'll be fine-," she started to say before looking in my direction and pausing, "Kira, look out!"

I turned back to Rahma and the other woman. The other woman swung a machete right at my neck. I ducked and pulled out a dagger. If I used my powers, I could take everyone down with me. Fortunately, Arianna wasn't the only one who could fight with a blade. "I tried to be peaceful for the sake of all of us, but you just like to press buttons, don't you? You hurt my sister and a little boy who's been through pain you can't comprehend, and now my cousin as well?" I am going to kill you!" I screamed.

The woman with the machete lunged for me, aiming the machete at my chest. I dodged it by blocking the machete's blade with the dagger's own blade and grabbed the woman's wrist, holding it tightly until the machete fell from her grasp. After that, I grabbed her by the neck. Frustrated, the woman yelled, "You pest! Why can't you just accept defeat?"

"You've obviously never met us," Arianna said as she stepped forward, "We don't accept defeat at any cost!"

"It's no good. I don't think these people are going anywhere," Suzume

Maddie tapped my shoulder and told me, "Sis, I know it's risky but you have to set off an explosion. We may be able to sneak out if those two are disoriented."