Chapter 2 - Intro

As I open the door I hear the sounds of bells ring. I take a quick whiff of the air inside the coffee shop. Like any other coffee shop it smells like coffee and ghouls but there is a different smell in here. "Kaneki-kun can you help me with this?" a man with brown hair styled in a pompadour and has an unusually round nose. "Of course Koma-san" he said and went over to the man who was polishing glass cups.

"Would you like coffee? I'll make you it for free since you probably don't have any money on you." Touka said. "Thank you very much" I politely said.
"So Why were you in the sewers earlier?" Touka asked as she was pouring coffee into a cup. "I really don't know why" I answered also wondering why I was in there.

She handed me the cup of coffee. "Do you need a place to stay?" "I guess I do" I replied "Well I will go tell Yoshimura-san that" a few minutes later Touka told me to go into the room. When I came in I saw a old man.
"So Kishida-san I heard you would want to stay here." "Yes I would like to" I responded. "To live here you have to work here. Kishida-san there are ground rules though. I am the manager here but Yoshimura is fine. I created this establishment to welcome ghouls with peace. We want to blend in with humans. So all your meals will be prepared for you and do not kill any humans. I think its best if you become a waiter. Do you know how to make any types of coffee?" he stated. "No, I don't know how to" I responded.

"Well I can get another waiter to teach you how to make coffee. Touka-chan can you please bring Kaneki-kun here?" he hinted with a smile "Yes sir" she said and left. 30 seconds later the guy with the eyepatch came in. "You needed to see me manager?" he asked. "Yes, Kaneki-kun can you please teach Kishida-san how to make coffee. He decided to come work here"

"Of course manager-san" He immediately asserted. "Kishida-san this is work clothes" he said and gave me a white collared shirt,black vest, black tie, and black suit pants with a black apron going down to the knees. I followed Kaneki into the kitchen and he taught me how to make coffee and demonstrating by making a cup of coffee. "Here" he said and handed me the cup. "Taste it" he said.

I took a sip of it and it tasted so good.
"Thats how your coffee should taste like wafter you make it" he stated.

30 minutes later....

I finally made my cup of coffee. I took a sip of mine and it tasted so bitter. "It tastes, no. it doesnt taste like anything at all." I said disapointed. "Well its perfectly fine. Most people cant do it the first try so just keep trying and you will get it eventually." he said trying to cheer me up.