:-3-:

I hope father is not there. To many.. memories....

:four years back, brought to you by Dominic Monaghan:

Though Cody didn't notice, Aubrey did.

There parents were kinda not paying as much attention to them, they were taking too much time on one another.

Not in a good way.

Aubrey's parents would sometimes fight. Only verbally, from what he could see. They would shout, and call each other terrible things, or stay silent and avoid each other. If Aubrey was with his mother, his father would avoid him, vice versa.

To make matters worse, both parents would have shorter tempers, mother would randomly disappear at times, and father beat Cody and Aubrey more,

Sometimes just because they were with their mother.

:end le flashback:

I hope he is not still there.

The walk took about a week, literally, with so little to notice besides our sore (ouch! Mines barefoot) feet. By the time we were on the road of the house, we were nearly collapsing with heat and pain.

"We're here.." Cody whispered, for we were all parched, and without any caution ran to an apple tree on the property and picked the biggest apple he could find.

We watched enviously as he bit into the fruit, but he waved us over to join him.

The apples were small and bitter, but for a starving teen, it was delicious. We all took our share, before Cody went to where he recalled the key was (under a rock) and went inside.

"Well..."

Wow... " The entire place seems deserted. There was dust on the furniture, and hoards of dead ladybugson the windowsills. Cody opened a box that once held food.

Penny and I agreed not to look in there, for Cody took one look before slamming it closed and jumping back, not to mention the smell.

Antonio just looked around.

"Pretty old," he commented. "And abandoned too, I'd say unused for a couple years."

The rest of us began to explore the place. It's funny, but I forgot the place was covered in carpet. The farmers who owned the place previously obviously never heard of instillation, but it does look funny, or in Pen's eye, cute.

Penny and I went upstairs, through the kinda-hidden door. Up the steep ass stairs, there would be a few bedrooms from what I could remember, and an old closet. I went to the eastern side, a room with several windows.

"These were all bedrooms," I explained to Pen. "At the time, guests would stay here, usually.."

I trailed off, memories..

"Who would stay here?" Penny would ask.

".. Jen... " I said, half to myself.

I've told Penny about Jen before, so she had nothing else to say about here. She went up to the north bedroom.

"Oooh! Who's bedroom was this? Aww! The door is so cute! And the room too!"

"That was Cody and I's room, we were kids, so we shared a room..." But my attention was not quite on Penny.

"All the bedrooms had closets that connected the rooms, so this room had two closets. On the south side, the door was broken, and thus removed.

From the doorway, I believe I could see something..

" Hey, Pen?"

"What?"

"I think there's something in the closet"

She came through the other closet, and looked with me.

Whatever was in there was inanimate, for it didn't move. I took out the phone I pocketed, and activated the "flashlight" mode.

And we looked inside.

There was a man inside, not moving an inch.

There were flies resting on his body.

His eyes were open and lifeless.

There was crimson blood dripping from the large stab wounds on his chest.

And his face.. His mouth...

He was smiling at us. A large, artificial, gaping mouth carved into an evil grin.

". . . "

Penny screamed. I would have thrown up, if I wasn't a starving hobo. We both left the room as fast as possible without looking back.

He was dead,

Dead.

Lou the worker was dead, in our closet, and was smiling at me.

I looked down at my bare feet, and back the way we ran.

Bloody footprints to match my bare feet.

I threw up in the kitchen.