Chapter 72 - Fighting A Goddess

Freya almost looked disgusted at what she had to witness. "What do you plan to do, human?" She warned him in a threatening tone. Velios didn't understand why she was acting like this. She had the figure of an angel and the complete opposite of a deep voice, but she sounded even more agitated than himself. "Listen, I came here because I noticed these strange energy lights surrounding the middle arena. So I traveled here to the source to learn how to use it." Velios didn't want to come off as rude because he still wanted to learn, but with the face she was showing him, he didn't care anymore if he was being rude or not. "Came here? What a joke, you're simply a lost little boy. There is no way you could have broken through the barrier that separates the living realm from this heavenly realm, simply no way. How could someone so small and thin even state such an obvious lie? Go now, or I will force you to. I have better things to do than spend time with a man as weak-looking as you."

"Oh? I'm the one who is weak-looking? I'm the one who should get out? I'm the one that is lying here? Then force me out because I'm not leaving until you teach me how to use holy magic!" Freya was an expert at getting on Velios' nerves directly, and Velios ground his teeth. Freya still looked down on Velios because of his meager build. Velios didn't even want to wait for Freya to approach him; he just wanted to go and fight her right now. From Velios' point of view, it wasn't like Freya was human since she looked down upon them so much. From what he could understand, Freya was a goddess and was, therefore, most likely the polar opposite of Shiva. To Velios, this only proved that they were equally as non-human, which was enough for him. "I might have spared you if you were better looking, but you probably lived a worthless life up until now. Appreciate me even being kind enough to attack and kill you. See it as an honor that I, the goddess Freya, will kill you by my own hands."

Velios thought her statement was bold, but judging by the kind of person Freya seemed to be, she would probably do it. While getting attacked, he thought about just how different and unique the world was. How some monsters, who have every right to be the most cruel, are surprisingly friendly, nice, and happy all the time, while some monsters, beings, or even humans, have every right to live their lives happily but instead act like they are the real monsters. Velios got a few flashbacks to the city of stone he had visited a couple of months back. It wasn't pleasant to remember, but he couldn't change what was done. Even if he did get to go back, he wouldn't change what happened that day. He was proud of the decision he had made but still had lingering thoughts that he had forgotten over time. What happened to the slaves afterward? Did they escape or were they caught? Velios wished that he could have at least helped them, but it seemed like he was in a different kind of state back then. He even remembered that Vadh had told him that he was like a 'real monster,' which he did feel like he was back then.

A shining bright light enveloped Velios and came down attacking him in the shape of a sword. It came from right above him, swallowed him whole, and had a tremendous amount of power imbued in it. "The kid would have gone to heaven, anyway. Now, what shall I do about you, you demon?" Freya approached Shiva, slowly coming closer and closer. What she hadn't managed to notice was that Velios had managed to block her attack. "Wow! Holy magic sure is powerful." Velios was in awe as he saw the light coming off from the solidified sword of light. Velios found himself staring at it, trying to find out what it was made from, which resulted in nothing as he couldn't distinguish what it truly was. Even the light that was being emitted from the sword was no normal light. Even with light magic, Velios had no control over it, deeming it true that it was something entirely different from normal magic or that it was specifically enabled to be immune to magic taking control.

Freya's eyes opened widely. She was sure that he had killed the human brat, and yet he stood there, unharmed, talking with a casual tone as if nothing had happened. "Thanks for showing me the holy magic, but it wasn't that nice to try and kill me, you know. I would normally kill you, but I'll get to that later. Firstly... could you show me some defensive-type magic now!?" No matter who he was fighting or where he was fighting, Velios could never get rid of the pleasure and satisfaction of fighting someone strong. If it was true that the holy magic, the 'divine punishments,' was indestructible or at least infinitely regeneratable, then Velios could fight to his heart's content. The difference between his fight with Shiva was not only that he was in an enclosed space and that he had to make sure he didn't destroy his surroundings, but also that he didn't get to show off his full power. This time, however, having no regard for anyone's well-being anymore, he could truly fight to his heart's content.

A massive beam of fire was suddenly launched at Freya. She quickly and easily dodged it but was not ready for what was about to happen. Velios had already set up hundreds of deadly spells around them that he could move and manipulate at immense speeds. Each of them consisted of either water spinning so powerfully that even touching it would not only rip off your arm but take the rest of the body with it, wind so powerful it could slash through one's body with a single strike, earth so powerful it had enough force to crush mountains, and fire so powerful it had begun burning the actual ground of the heavenly realm. All of these attacks had taken the form of balls ranging in sizes so small the normal human eye would have a hard time noticing them all the way up to balls so big that they towered over Freya. She knew she was in deep trouble if she got hit even once but had no intention of showing it.

"Ha! As if some meager attack like that could hurt me, the goddess Freya, possessing the ultimate form of magic! These attacks are so weak that they're not even worthy of deflecting!" Freya didn't even know if she could craft enough swords in time to block the oncoming attacks. She guessed that she had no choice but to try and dodge every single one of them, only stopping the ones she had time for or the more dangerous ones. Velios stood completely still, controlling the movements of every single one of his attacks with such precision that even a single landed blow could prove to be fatal if it was not protected. Velios simply held his hands in his pockets, watching as the goddess was running away from every single attack. "This won't do." Velios was disappointed in her efforts to make the fight meaningful. Since the first attack, she hadn't launched a single other one, and she only continued to run, barely dodging the attacks while shrugging it off as if it was easy to do.

Freya could feel something changing beneath her feet, and she didn't have time to move out of the way. She could only jump up, hoping that the attack would barely graze her. Even though she heavily relied on her holy magic to heal all of her wounds she's constantly gaining, she understands the basics of how magic works. Spells that barely take any time to conjure are often either used as distractions or simply intended attacks that aren't close to their full power. "You think you could get me with something like th-" Velios' attack landed completely as a giant thunderbolt approached from above, raining down on Freya. The initial thunderbolt was giant, and it had way more voltage than most average lightning bolts. Freya could feel it as if it was frying her skin, killing her from within as all her organs and the rest of her body shouted in pain. Velios wasn't done as a barrage of thunder kept raining down at her while the attacks from previously were traveling at even higher speeds.

She couldn't dodge it. Freya released a huge amount of energy and applied it to a barrier that was shielding her whole. Freya had taken considerable damage, and although the healing was quick thanks to the nature of holy magic, she didn't actually know if her barrier would hold or not. It was not truly a matter of if it could resist his attacks' strength but if she had enough magical power on her own to sustain the barrier long enough for the human to stop attacking her. Velios stood completely still with a big grin on his face, staring at the cocoon made of holy magic that protected Freya from all sides. "I simply created this barrier because I felt no need running from you. It's not like your attacks were any dangerous, though. They were simply such a pain in the neck that I wanted to properly deal with them..." Freya kept on talking from within her barrier but it was barely audible. Velios just watched as her mouth moved accordingly to her words. Velios pumped in even more magic as the grin on his face grew even wider. From Freya's perspective, it looked like Velios had an infinite amount of mana as he never ceased his relentless attacks. Suddenly, a noise could be heard reverberating throughout the air. A sound made from something shattering, followed up by a huge explosion.