Chapter 2

We all stood up as she went towards us. If only the boys were aware about how mesmerized I was by her, they’ll all elbow me in the abdomen and laugh but I guess they’re just as astounded as me.

When she reached our table, her perfect lips curved up into a smile. Oh God! Her smile, it could melt anyone’s heart in a second. Along with the movement of her lips was the emergence of a twinkle in her irresistible brown eyes. Everyone seemed to disappear in her presence or is it just everyone was speechless seeing this angel?

The silence was soon broken by Simon. “Lads, this is Lily. She’s the new keyboardist. She’s my niece so if you have any dark plans in mind, fucks off. Understand?” he introduced and warned us at the same time.

“Hi Lily, I’m Liam. But call me Li.” Liam offered his hands to her and they shook their hands, well the shake took more time than what’s necessary until Louis grabbed her hands from Liam. “And he has a girlfriend. Meanwhile, I’m Louis, Lou for short.” Louis said obviously flirting with her. Woah. Maybe I wasn’t the only one attracted to her. Even Liam and Louis! They’re not really into impressing girls but their making an effort.

Before Louis could open his mouth again, Harry spoke. “And Louis has a girlfriend too. I am Harry, single and ready to mingle.” He said while wearing his signature cheeky grin who always wins a girl’s heart. I’m praying she’ll not fall in his charms.

“Well I’m aware of that. But I heard you’re seeing Cara? I’m updated. I am her biggest fan!” She replied to Harry wearing that indescribably wonderful smile that she has.

Niall joined the conversation, “Yeah he is. So that makes him half single, half taken. By the way, I am Niall and I can promise you that I’m 100% yours babe.” He said with a wink. “But I’m afraid you’ll trade me for Nandos baby.” She said teasing Niall while pouting her lips.

“Okay enough boys! I said hands off of her. Sit down. Let’s eat.” We settled in and she sat between me and Simon. It really feels strange sitting next to a girl on dinner. It’s been a while since my last date.

“Hi! I’m Lily.” She said while stretching her arms to me. Oh shit! I haven’t introduced myself yet! “Oh Hi. I’m Zayn.” I replied to her shaking her hand and giving her a half hearted smile. That’s all I can give her. I am so anxious next to her. It feels like she’s absorbing every ounce of energy I have.

Our starters arrived and as we delved into the fancy dish, the six of them started to have a chat. I was so taken aback by this girl beside me that it felt like my tongue was paralyzed and my brain was shut off.

“So Lily, how old are you? 17? 18? Why are you working instead of studying in Uni? I’m sure Uncle Si can afford the best school in London.” Liam inquired.

“Actually I’m 19. I think you’re around the same age and you’re not studying either. Well, I dropped off of school. I guess, studying wasn’t really my thing.” She said casually as if she’s talking about a long forgotten boyfriend.

Then Simon side commented. “Yeah. She dropped off of school in her first year in Julliard. She said she prefers working here in London than studying in the best school for kids who have talent like hers.”

“Julliard?” Niall and Harry asked and yelled at the same time.  It’s obvious on everyone’s face how amazed we were. She’s really something. She’s more than a pretty face and that make me more anxious working with her.

Gladly, I was able to survive the dinner beside this daunting goddess. We all got inside Simon’s car to head back home. Fortunately, Harry and Niall forced her to sit in between them. If she takes her seat beside me again, I don’t know. I could lose my mind!

Everything felt ironic during the ride. I felt like I miss the feeling of having her beside me though I wasn’t accustomed to it yet. Yes, she is addicting. I feel strongly towards her that only a few doze of her makes me wanting so much more so badly. But I don’t want to be with her, because I don’t know. She has this something in her that makes me so frustrated, anxious and scared. I don’t know where all of this is coming from.

Louis and Harry were the first ones to be brought home. Then Niall and next was Liam. Leaving me, Simon and Lily alone in the car. With the absence of the boys, everything felt suddenly awkward and Simon won’t talk. He’s too concentrated doing something in his Blackberry.

She finally broke the strange atmosphere when she suddenly talked. “Uhm Zayn, is everything alright? You look sick.” She asked me with full concern in her deep brown chocolate eyes.  Nothing’s fine, all because of you. You’re confusing the hell out of me!

“Uhm yeah. Everything’s fine. I was just exhausted.” I lied. Never in my whole life did I get bothered like this by a girl before. Not Geneva, not Rebecca, not even Perrie! I feel so attracted and scared of her all at the same time.

Suddenly, the benz pulled up and my flat was there right in front of us. I jumped out of the car and shut the door when Lily put the windows down.

“You live here Zayn?” she asked displaying that smile again.

“Yeah.” I replied briefly.

“How come I haven’t seen you? I only live there!” she said with glee pointing to a place three flats away.

Her foreheads crinkled like she’s thinking of something. Oh no. Being neighbours isn’t going to help with my confusing issues with her.

“What about I go here tomorrow so we can go to the rehearsals tomorrow? I still don’t know how to go there so maybe we could go there together and chat up? I’d really love to get to know you guys better.” She smiled at me again. Damn it!

“Sure off course.” I answered. Hell! How can I say no to that smile!

“Ok then. See you tomorrow at 10? Bye!” with that she pulled up the window and the car restarted again.

I ran up the stairs and went into my room. I quickly changed into a clean shirt and sweatpants. I am eager to fall asleep in my inviting bed and forget about that girl. But that didn’t happened when I dove into it.

She’s still in my mind! Damn it! Her long black hair, her dazzling smile, her brown hypnotizing eyes! I hate myself!

I don’t usually get intimidated by girls but she’s different. She feels like so out of my league and that is a very strange feeling for me. I was used to seeing girls and knowing that I have the powers to somehow attract them, but to her, this “super power” of mine seems to dissolve. Well, let’s just say she’s my kryptonite.

For the hundredth time I tried to squeeze my eyes and shut my mind to get some decent rest when I heard my phone buzz. It’s from an unregistered number. I decided to read it. There’s no harm in reading it.

“Got your number from Uncle Si. It’s obvious you were under the weather earlier. Get some rest. –L” and that’s what it took. I regretted my decision of opening that text. I was sure I’m not getting any sleep tonight. All because of a strange girl I only met.