Chapter 1

Zayn’s POV

I slipped out of the bathroom attached to my bedroom and went near my walk in closet to pick the suit I was going to wear tonight. I don’t usually take on formal clothes because I find it a bit boring but Simon insisted that we should dress a little extra “decent” tonight for he’s taking us five to dinner.

Of course this wasn’t the first time Simon treated us for dinner but this is quite different and I guess extra special. Before, whenever he takes us out for a night, he’ll bring us to clubs and parties and let us do everything we want, well except for silly and stupid things.

It’s a quarter to eight and as Simon announced, he’ll pick us one by one by around any time soon now. I quickly put on my black pants and my white shirt. I then, put my favourite bowtie underneath the collar and let it hang, undone. I put on my suit and let it open. When I finished dressing up, I went to find a pair of socks and my leather shoes. After putting them on, I went to the last stage of my routine every time I prepare for a night out, fixing my hair. I didn’t take my usual effort to get it done tonight. Our new stylist suggested that I try the messy hair look as a substitute for my perfect quiff. She thinks I look hotter with that.

And she was absolutely right. After finishing my hair, I looked in my favourite mirror and found myself satisfied with my look. Then, I ran to my bed, picked my phone and went downstairs to wait for Simon and the boys to arrive.

I don’t usually get finish on time. They always get here way before I finish preparing myself but I don’t know what happened tonight. I just moved faster tonight than I always did.

 I can’t say this is excitement because I can’t find any reason to be enthusiastic of what’s going to happen. Simon just said that we’re going to some place that needs extra formality and we’re going to meet someone really important there. Or maybe, Simon decided to pick up all the boys and chose to fetch me last because he knew it’ll be a waste of time waiting for me. Whatever.

While I patiently wait for them, I decided to log on to twitter and spend time replying to some of fans’ tweets (which I rarely do). As I scroll down to my home, I came across a tweet of Cole, our keyboardist.

Cole Alberts @colekeyboardss

Settling in on October. So sad, I’ll have to miss Take Me Home tour. Excited about the wedding though. X

What? Cole’s getting married next month? He definitely can’t! The tour’s about to kick off in two weeks and he just can’t leave us. How come Simon never told us? Tss. I’ll have to bring that up in dinner.

After tweeting back to a couple of fans, I felt thirsty and opened the fridge and poured myself a glass of water. As I was just about to take the glass down on the counter, I heard my door ring. Finally! I said to myself. I definitely hate waiting (so I make others wait for me. Lol. Sorry)

“I’m coming!” I shouted and I ran through my living room and grabbed my phone from the couch and opened the door. I saw Liam waiting outside my door.

“Looking good mate! Hurry! Let’s go.” He didn’t wait for me and instead, jogged back to Simon’s Mercedes benz. I locked my house as quickly as possible and trotted to the car.

My theory earlier was right. They picked me last. All the boys are there having a glass of wine with Simon. Niall took the wine bottle as Louis handed him a wine glass. Niall poured the wine until it reached half of the glass then put the wine back to its cooler and gave me the half filled glass.

I took a sip of it then Simon spoke up.

“Since you’re complete now, I’ll have an announcement to make.”

We all looked at each other feeling that what Simon’s going to announce should be important or else he would just tell it to Paul and Paul will be the one to tell us.

“Cole. He’s getting married next month and he can’t make it to the tour.” He said casually and took a sip of his wine as if Cole’s absence wasn’t much of a deal to him.

All the other boys were so shocked except me, I knew it and I was glad I wouldn’t have to put an effort to bring that up tonight.

“But Simon, the tour will be two weeks from now, keyboard is essential to our song numbers and recording them wouldn’t be as good as it sounds when it’s live.” Liam said with worry all over his face. Well we all have that in ours.

“Don’t worry. I found a good or rather great substitute, or shall I say replacement to him.” Simon said without changing any bit of his facial expression.

“A replacement?!” we all said in chorus. We thought he’ll just be out for the Take Me Home tour, why get a permanent replacement? Cole’s been a very good friend to us. He’s almost our big brother on tour.

“Yeah. A replacement. Cole can’t promise that he can come back because he has plans of taking over his father’s position in their family business since he’s getting married and needs to have a “more” mature job. Don’t worry. That’s the purpose of this dinner. You’re all going to meet the keyboardist I’m planning to take to do Cole’s work.” Simon said as he shook the wine in his glass.

I bet he saw the hesitance painted in our faces. “Don’t worry. She’s good. I can guarantee she can learn the music in no time.” He said reassuringly.

We all nodded and then Harry replied, “Oh so, we’re going to meet He—Wait, What? Her?” We we’re all shocked realizing Simon’s use of pronouns. Our new keyboardist is a girl? I doubt that will work.

Before anyone could react, the car halted and one of Simon’s assistant opened the door for us. We stopped in front of a fancy looking restaurant, situated in an almost secluded part of London so guards weren’t that necessary.

The restaurant was dimly lit giving off a romantic ambiance to the place. I wonder why of all the places in London, Simons chose this place for us to meet the girl who’ll be entrusted with an essential part of our music.

Without any ado, we pushed in through the double glass door of the restaurant and the receptionist politely guided us to the table Simon reserved for us.

“So, where is she?” Louis asked impatiently, Louis’ always been the most time conscious one among us.

“She’ll be here in a bit. Just wait.” Simon said. It’s really strange. Most of the time, Simon would rant endlessly when a person he’s seeing is late but that is not the case right now. He just sat there and patiently waited.

We all chatted a bit while waiting for her to arrive when suddenly, Simon demanded for our attention.

“Boys, that’s her” pointing to a girl who sat on the sit in front of the grand piano of the restaurant. She’s facing away from us so we’re only capable of seeing her back.

I can almost guess she’s pretty. She has that long, straight, silky black hair that perfectly fall on her back, ending just above her waist. She started to play and we are all mesmerized by how she played the piano. She was so good I had my jaw dropped the whole time.

After hitting the last note of the piece she’s playing, she gracefully stood up, straightened her black dress and walked towards our direction.

I was wrong. She’s not beautiful. She is perfect.