26. EVA: A LITTLE WHITE LIE

I was sandwiched between Dad and Granddad in the backseat of Alpha Grayson's car. If Dad hadn't forced me to get in the back, I would've been a lot more comfortable.

But no!

Grayson's eyes locked with mine in the rear-view mirror for a few seconds before he focused back on the road.

A shiver raced down my spine and my pussy clenched when the memory of his mouth on my body flashed through my mind. If only Dad had stayed away for a few more seconds.

I sighed.

The silence was killing me.

Could it have been anymore awkward?

I risked a glance at Dad from beneath my lashes. He sat stiffly to my right with his hands gripping his knees. His lips were purse and his eyes narrowed as he stared unseeingly out of the window.

Granddad cleared his throat, making me look at him. His eyes darted from Dad to Grayson and then back to me. Raising a questioning eyebrow, he asked the question he couldn't voice out loud.

I rolled my eyes as I turned back to the front.

Curiosity killed the cat, didn't he know that?

After Dad had walked in on me and Grayson, he had calmly ordered me to go take a shower and get dressed because we had to leave. We'd left Jason's house in a hurry. I was silently waiting for him to blow his fuse, but I might have to wait until we got back from wherever we were going.

Or not.

Dad suddenly growled. "Would either of you fucking explain to me what I walked in on?" he boomed.

My eyes darted up to the rear-view mirror but Grayson didn't glance at me. His eyes were completely focused on the road. In fact, it looked like he hadn't heard a word Dad said. I knew that he had though; the man had great fucking hearing.

I swallowed.

"What am I missing?" Granddad asked.

Another low growl fell from Dad's lips. "He fucked my daughter against a wall like she's some—"

"We didn't fuck," Grayson answered from the driver's seat. "But we were about to when you walked in on us."

My eyes widened in shock. "Daddy—"

"You took her virginity against a wall like a fucking animal!" Dad yelled, making me wince.

That was where he was wrong. I lost my virginity when I was sixteen. My friend had set me up on a blind and the guy only had one thing on his mind. Instead of walking away, I gave him what he wanted.

At least my first time exceeded all expectations.

When I looked up again, Grayson was watching me, waiting for me to correct my father. But I couldn't because I didn't want to disappointment him anymore than I already had.

So, I did something really fucking stupid. I said the first thing that came to mind which was the wrong thing to say but the only thing that could get us out of trouble...or so I hoped.

"He's my mate!"

Grayson's eyes narrowed in a furious glare before he looked away again to focus on the road.

Granddad cleared his throat to catch our attention. "Let's have this conversation later. We need to focus on where we are going at the moment." He sighed. "We don't know what condition Ariana will be in once we get to her."

"You found her?" I sat up and turned to Dad.

"It doesn't concern you how I found her," he said before I could ask any more questions. "We're going to get her and that's all that matters right now." He paused. "We'll talk about this mate-thing once your sister's at home."