Chapter 7 ~ The Penthouse

"Is that a yes?" Xavier asks me with wide brown eyes. 

"Would I be on a date with you if it wasn't?"

Xavier giggles, "Well, I've come across some confusing women in my time. But tell me, is this really an invitation to eventually take that place in your life?"

My mind races, "If we figure something out where we can explore this...and...uh....well, spend time together...and...then eventually-"

"Condition after condition, huh?" Xavier places a hand on top of my head, running his through my hair and down to my ear tenderly. 

"It's not that many conditions! I just don't want to dive in headfirst considering our history."

"Fair enough. Now the day is young, how about a stroll in Hyde Park?"

The idea of running into Cameron makes me light-headed, but I still cheerfully agree. A Winter walk sounds perfect on a day like today. 

We leave his BMW, parked in its' spot, and head in the park's direction. 

"Alexa, where are your mittens?" Xavier asks. 

"I didn't bring them," I shrug.

He pays me a stern look, "Next time it's this cold, I expect you to wear them."

I look up, trying to read if he's serious or not. It comes upon me that in a way, he is.

Kind and gentle Xavier scolding me? I certainly didn't expect such a sharp lecture from him, even if it was brief. But submissive's cloud cuckoo land isn't so far away now. In fact, I feel myself floating into its mist all over again.

"Here," he says huskily as he pulls out a big pair of red knit gloves from his jacket pocket. "Wear mine."

"Are you mad at me?" I ask quizzically.

"I'm just looking out for you. And I don't need to explain why staying warm is important," he speaks to me like a sub who has displeased him.

"Xavier, I'm sorry," I say in a cute voice, using our height difference as an advantage to appear more delicate and submissive.

He lets himself smile and he gives me a peck on the cheek, "If you were mine, you'd know my expectations. But until that day comes, I will be patient with you. No need to ask for my forgiveness."

"I thought you said you weren't into rules."

"I prefer the words expectations. I told you I was still rather strict," he says as he takes my gloved hand, leading me into the park that's dampened from London's snowy rain.

"What sorts of things do you expect?"

"I expect my submissive to speak to me respectfully. I don't like sassy comments. I expect her to listen. I don't prefer her to misbehave on purpose."

"You just described a brat, sir," I squeeze his hand. "I thought you liked us."

He pulls me along which only makes me feel tinier. He looks a little dangerous even though he's wearing that dashing, green peacoat that I hung up for him at Cameron's place. It must be his pointed glare and his dark features. The man has a tough side even through all his sweetness.

"Oh, I do. Believe me," I catch him smiling down at me. 

"How did you discover this side of you? That's something we never discussed."

"When I was in school, a girl asked me to spank her in the janitor's closet. We were about twelve. I never stopped thinking about it since."

I chuckle, "Were you caught?"