Chapter 11 ~ Cool Sheets

I awake, encircled in a long pair of arms. As I awake from my dreamlike state, every bit of me sinks into his Xavier's steely figure. Sheets that smell like dew envelop us. The same cooling sensation as in Cameron's bed all those mornings. But it dawns on me as I look through my eyelashes at the breathtaking skyline that Xavier isn't Cameron in the slightest.

The London Eye is on its regular rotation. I hear soft, classical music playing from outside the room. As soon as I shift a little, I feel the pain on my backside and I remember that it's still glowing. Xavier made it glow this time.

"Ow," I whisper to myself as the sheets feel like sandpaper against my struck skin.

"You okay?" Xavier whispers in my ear.

"Is it really morning?" I ask.

"It's 9:30, Alexa, you were out cold. I tried to wake you so we could walk to get breakfast but you were dreaming heavily."

"How did you know I was dreaming?" I continue to admire the view as London flutters underneath us.

"Because," he flips me around so I can look at him, providing me some relief from my sore behind. His brown eyes meet mine and he holds our gaze. "You had a big smile on your face."

"I did?" I chuckle.

"I loved it," he runs a hand through my hair and tucks some strands behind my ear before kissing my cheek. "And I thought about how I never should've spanked you. Though I did enjoy myself, I cannot lie."

"I needed it," I clasp his hand in mine and stretch our arms up high. "Does that feel good?"

"Does what feel good?"

"Me stretching you out?"

He lets out a breathy laugh, "Yes, keep stretching me."

Xavier rises from the bed and takes a downward dog position on the floor. I admire him for a moment as his back arches and dips into his hip bones, showing off all the ripples beneath his grey pajamas.

I continue to sit admiring and appreciating the warm shrill of the piano music in the distance. Xavier rises again to reveal that perfectly chiseled face, turning his head to brush his dark hair away from his eyes. Our stare continues to linger at one another.

I could have only imagined this in my wildest dreams last December.

"Pretty girl," he marvels as he approaches the bed once more to pat my head. "Let's feed you."

I take one last look at the darkly handsome man who rocked me to sleep before he disappears out of his shining, ever-white doorframe.

The minimalism of Xavier's interior design kills me. This is Patrick Bateman's apartment through and through. And Cynthia's style.

"I'd fix this up if we ever..." I say to myself aloud.

"Did you say something, darling?" Xavier calls from outside the door.

"No, sir," I reply as I waltz to check out the view once more. I feel limitless as I rest the edge of my toes against the window, opening my arms wide and breathing in Saturday morning in London.

My eyes fix on Knightsbridge where the man himself must be this morning. Picturing him there, sitting alone, with his smoky blend of coffee is surreal, to say the least. 

It's as if he never existed. 

Not because I'm trying to forget about him, but because the sparks of our short-lived romance burnt out as fast as it started. 

All I can see in my mind are glittering embers when I look down at the elegance of Buckingham Palace, the green of Hyde Park, and the sparkling lights of Harrod's Department Store still doing their magic in the morning. London's finest monuments, yet Cameron is all I see.