chapter two;

chapter two;

THE PIXIE GIRL, ALICE, WAS ONE OF the nicest and weirdest people Lorraine had ever met in her entire life.

She liked it.

"My family and I moved from Alaska here two years ago," Alice was also very affectionate and had linked their arms together as soon as they introduced themselves. "There's five of us and our parents of course. Three of them are seniors, so you'll probably see them more often than I do. Don't be intimidated by Rosalie's glare, she's a sweetheart once you know her."

„Don't worry," Lorraine grinned at her easily as they entered the classroom, „it takes a lot to intimidate me."

„That's good!" Alice chirped, bouncing on her toes excitedly. „You know, my brother, Jasper, he can be intimidating when he wants to be. But, again, he's totally harmless once you talk to him. A real gentleman, i promise."

Lorraine gave her a bemused look as they sat down. She didn't know why she told her that, but she wrote it off as one of the oddities of Alice.

It was only when she sat down that she noticed that they were early, which was a miracle because Lorraine was never early on anything—especially on something like classes.

„Must be a lazy day," Alice said with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes and a melodic laugh when she saw glancing at the clock.

She grinned.

Lorraine really liked her.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"You're Isabella Swan, aren't you?"

"Bella," she corrected instinctively and wondered how many times she would have to do that today.

Everyone within a three-seat radius turned to look at her. Curiosity for one of the new girls, an abnormally—a freak in their small town where everyone knew each other so well.

( Not that Lorraine was a freak. She could just blend and fit in with anyone, unlike Bella. )

"Where's your next class?" the guy who looked like the stereotypical guy to play chess asked.

Bella had to check in her bag, taking out the schedule she had gotten earlier this morning, "Um, Government, with Jefferson, in building six."

There was nowhere to look without meeting curious eyes, so Bella looked to the door. Her eyes caught a glimpse of familiar wavy brown hair and she squinted.

"I'm headed toward building four, I could show you the way..." Definitely over-helpful, she thought and turned back to him. Then he finally—because she had started to consider calling him chess boy in her head—added, "I'm Eric,"

Bella smiled tentatively. "Thanks."

They got our jackets and headed out into the rain, which had picked up to her dismay. Bella could have sworn several people behind them were walking close enough to eavesdrop and she hoped she wasn't getting paranoid.

Then the brown glimpse came back, startling her.

„Bella!" Lorraine cheered happily, like they hadn't seen each other an hour ago, and squeezed between Eric and her only to link their arms. She gave Eric a glance, „Not Bella."