CHAPTER 5

Please don't be a dead viewer! Comment your thoughts and vote on each chapter. Constructive criticism is welcome, and feel free to point out any mistakes so I can fix them!

I jog next to Dain, who holds a semi-unconscious Violet in his arms as we walk out of the Riders Quadrant into the Healer's

I jog next to Dain, who holds a semi-unconscious Violet in his arms as we walk out of the Riders Quadrant into the Healer's. Her right arm is swollen and mangled, and I force myself to keep my blue eyes on the ground so I don't have to look at it.

"Almost there," Dain says through gritted teeth. Oh, thank goodness. I hate running.

"Everyone saw you lose it." Violet squeezes her eyes shut against the pain, and it's all I can do to keep mine open. Other's pain makes me either want to throw up or hurl myself off of a bridge.

"I didn't lose it," Dain protests, and I knock on a large wooden door when we reach it.

"Yeah you did," I say. "You quite literally threw Imogen across the room and scooped Violet up and just ran out of the door. It was quite the spectacle." Although, I think it's strange Dain immediately came to her rescue after she got her shoulder broken and dislocated when he was standing right there the whole time.

Dain kicks the door as Violet murmurs, "Yeah. You shouted and carried me out of there like I meant something to you."

"You do mean something to me," Dain mutters.

Finally, to save us from more awkwardness, the door bursts open and an older woman appears in the opening. "Another injury? You riders certainly are trying to fill our beds to–oh no, Violet?" Gods, how many people does this woman know?

"Hi Winifred," Violet chokes out, and again I have to hold my hand over my mouth to keep from throwing up. I can feel her pain radiating through the air, and I turn my head away.

"This way," she says, her brow furrowed with concern for the younger woman. I trail behind Dain and the healer as she leads us to an empty bed. "Helen, go get Nolon." The mender. If that shoulder needs mending, then it's not good.

"No!" I shoot Dain a startled look at his outburst. I figured he would do anything to get Violet out of pain as soon as possible. Violet seems to have the same thought going through her head, because she stares at him with a mixture of shock and anger.

Winifred gives Dain an exasperated glance. "Helen, this is Violet Sorrengail, and if Nolan finds out she was here and you didn't call him, well... that's on you."

"Sorrengail?" The healer squeaks, staring at Violet like she might explode here and now.

"Get Nolon or he will let his dragon eat you alive, sour face and all, Helen." Winifred ignores Dain as he repeatedly begs for her to not call mender.

But I have no such restraint. "Will you shut up, Aetos?" I snap when Dain repeats himself for the fifth time. "You may be our squad leader, but if you hadn't noticed, your squad member is in quite a deal of pain, and you squawking like a parrot isn't going to help anything. She's getting mended whether you like it or not."