── 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏. 𝟎𝟎𝟒

june 11 , 2023
aunty 'em's
3.3k words

"medusa.."

annabeth glanced at you, furrowing her brows at your words. "let's get out of here, please, while we still can."

you nodded as you four started turning back, but as expected the fury was behind you, causing you all to stop in your tracks. percy handed grover the box he was holding, immediately pulling his sword out of his pocket.

the fury stepped closer to you four, her wings flapping down. "you should have accepted my offer when you had the chance."

"offer? what offer is she talking about?"

annabeth put her head down as percy turned his head towards her, waiting for her answer.

"not today, friends." as the fury heard those words, she immediately hid inside of her wings, turning away. "not on my doorstep."

you could see percy turning to see who was speaking but you grabbed the back of his neck, facing his head towards the ground while the rest of you three quickly ducked your heads down.

"if you have something to resolve, why not come inside and i'll help." the lady spoke as she walked closer to you. "alecto? will you be joining us?"

silence fell over everyone, no one responding to her. "no, well i wouldn't think you would."

"she won't bother you as long as you're with me. but it isn't as though she'll leave either, not if it means reporting that she failed to retrieve the son of poseidon."

percy furrowed his brows, about to turn around. "how did you—"

"a forbidden child has been claimed. how long did you think that secret would keep?" medusa spoke. "it's a pleasure to meet you, son of poseidon, i'm medusa."

you looked up at percy, watching as he was about to face medusa. "percy, dont." you warned. "she's a monster."

"we all choose who we make our monsters, but right now, that one wants to tear you limb from limb and i'm offering you lunch. the choice is yours." she shrugged before she started walking back into her house.

the four of you then faced each other, letting out a sigh of relief. "i think we can trust her."

"what?"
"dude!"
"seriously?"

you, annabeth and, grover all turned to percy with a look of surprise and disbelief. "i can't explain it, i just.." percy shrugged, dropping his arms to his side.

"my mom used to tell me her story. the point was always that she isn't what people think, and i definitely trust my mom." annabeth shook her head at his words.

"so i'm going in. you guys do what you want." percy murmured, heading towards the house.

grover looked back at alecto, glancing at you and annabeth then following percy. "what are you.."

annabeth scoffed in disbelief before she faced you. "don't tell me you're going too." you sighed as you looked at her.

"i'm not even gonna lie, i am super hungry right now and we left our snacks on the bus, so i'll take my chances." you said as you made your way to the house, annabeth following after.